This file includes 32 pages of poem templates for each season, a tree template and a pre-written poem to be used as the cover of a compiled season’s book. There are five poem types (haiku, sense, important, acrostic and cinquain) as well as a template for each poem type for each season and a cover.
How to use it:
1. For each season, give students a template of the tree. Have students use colored pencil or crayon to color in the tree trunk, branches, sky and ground.
2. Use different textures to create the leaves. (Sponge paint fall colors for autumn, use cotton to represent snow in the winter, use tiny crumpled pieces of tissue paper to represent the buds in the spring and torn pieces of green construction paper for summer.
3. Choose a poem for the class or let students decide which one they want to use to go with the season. Write the poem using the templates provided. For the senses poem, when they rewrite, students should leave off the I feel, I taste, I touch, I smell, I see words and just write the words they came up with on the final draft.
4. Display on bulletin board and then after each season set aside until the end of the school year.
5. Compile all of the trees and poems and put together the book to take home. Use cover and peom provided too.