Seasons Change: A Unit Celebrating the Changing Seasons
As the song goes, “To everything there is a season, Turn, Turn, Turn”, by the Byrds.
The equinoxes and the solstices make a great opportunity to talk about the seasons and calendar. It is also a time that you could mark on a timeline in your classroom and integrate into your art program. There is set of four great season books, all written by Elaine W. Good. They are easily patterned as a writing activity, and the illustrations are a splatter paint technique. The title are:
- Fall is Here! I LOVE IT!
- White Wonderful Winter!
- That’s What Happens When It’s Spring!
- It’s Summer Time!
Other books that can be used at this time are:
- A Book of Season by: Alice & Martin Provensen (available as audio book online)
- The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree By: Gail Gibbons (available as audio book online)
- The Reasons for Seasons By: Gail Gibbons
- A Busy Year By: Leo Lionni