These simple write the room activities are a great way to encourage your students to practice their printing and spelling while also getting them moving!
PREP: Print and cut the picture cards. Laminate and cut again for durability. Tape the picture cards around the room.
You can choose to print and copy just the “Write the Room” recording sheet, “Trace the Room” recording sheet or I like to print them double sided so that the students can easily choose the one that is best for their printing ability. Then put the recording sheet on clipboards and invite students to search the room for the cards!
For “Write the Room”, students find the card and copy the word beside the matching picture. For “Trace the Room, students find the card and trace the word beside the matching picture. I also encourage the students to match their colouring to the cards!
These are the seasons and holidays included in this pack:
- Fall: apple, leaf, scarecrow, pinecone, squirrel, acorn, pumpkin, sunflower
- Thanksgiving: turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, turkey (cooked turkey picture), family
- Halloween: candy corn, jack-o'-lantern, spider, witch, ghost, bat, monster, cauldron
- Gingerbread Man: Gingerbread Man, oven, run, horse, cow, pig, river, fox
- Hanukkah: menorah, candle, gift, driedel, gelt, latkes, sufganiyot, Star of David
2 versions to choose from for Christmas:
#1 - Santa, present, Mrs. Claus, Rudolph, Christmas tree, ornament, stocking, lights
#2 - Santa, present, Mrs. Claus, reindeer, Christmas tree, ornament, gingerbread man, lights
- Winter: snowman, snowflake, scarf, boots, sled, mittens, hot chocolate, skates
- Valentine's Day: heart, card, chocolate, friends, Valentine's Day, hug, teddy bear, flowers
- St. Patrick's Day: shamrock, clover, hat, rainbow, pot of gold, horseshoe, leprechaun, coins
- Spring: spring, butterfly, kite, grass, rain, umbrella, raincoat, rain boots
- Easter: Easter, chick, egg, basket, jelly beans, tulip, Easter Bunny, daffodil
- Earth Day: Earth, reduce, reuse, recycle, tree, planting, paper, plastic
- Summer: sun, ice cream, popsicle, lemonade, sunglasses, sandcastle, watermelon, beach
I hope you enjoy using this product in your classroom!
Please ask me any questions before purchasing. Thank you!
This product is also available in the Write the Room BUNDLE.
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!
♦ BEST SELLING Editable Teaching Portfolio