This Reader’s Response pack is designed to bring some holiday cheer to your classroom...while keeping your students challenged by responding to text and referring to details for support.
This file is intended for students in grades 3 to 6 and can be completed as a whole-group with a class read-aloud, or independently with individual student texts.
In this file, you will find...
• 15 Reader’s Response Questions:
- A set of miniature, grayscale prompts for you to print, copy, and cut.
- A set of full-page, colorful prompts for digital or bulletin board display.
• 15 Unique Graphic Organizers:
- All graphic organizers have been designed to get students referring back to the text to find details and support for their thinking.
- Each graphic organizer has a fun and festive design and can be displayed along with students’ final writing.
- Most of these organizers feature two versions...one with lines and one without, so you can choose the type that works best for your learners.
• Decorative Lined Paper
• Season’s Readings Grading Rubric
This packet was created to address the following Common Core Standards:
3.RL.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
3.RL.3 Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
3.RL.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
4.RL.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
4.RL. 3 Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., a character’s thoughts, words, or actions).
5.RL.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
5.RL.3 Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., how characters interact).
Clipart, Fonts, and Borders by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com.
Clipart Courtesy of Maree Truelove at http://www.etsy.com/shop/MareeTruelove
Please Note: This file is intended for one teacher and one classroom's use. For multiple copies, please see additional licenses (at a discounted price).
Thank you for visiting my store!!
Ladybug's Teacher Files