Also included in
- Each of the ten Earth and Space science lessons takes students through a warm-up, reading passage, independent activity, extension activities, and an assessment. Students begin the lesson with a warm-up graphic organizer or puzzle. They then read a passage and complete an engaging activity over the$34.99$50.00Save $15.01
- The sub plans bundle includes the Physical Science, Life Science, and Earth and Space Science sub plans. Each of the 30 science lessons takes students through a warm-up, reading passage, independent activity, extension activities, and an assessment. Students begin the lesson with a warm-up graphic$89.99$150.00Save $60.01
This seasons lesson takes students through a warm-up, reading passage, independent activity, extension activities, and an assessment.
Students begin the seasons lesson with a warm-up puzzle. They then read a passage and create a model of how the Earth and Sun are related to each other during different seasons. Students then write a letter to someone in the southern hemisphere and explain seasons and the length of day and night from their hometown. Students also solve a puzzle using the characteristics of each season.
For early finishers, there are extensions to either create a quick quiz about the seasons or illustrate a holiday card for someone in another hemisphere. Students end the seasons lesson with an assessment activity or exit ticket.
There are extensive instructions and support for substitutes included for the in-class versions. The distance learning version includes a Google Form answer sheet.
The Science Sub Plans are complete lessons designed to make your day out of the class a breeze for you, your students, and the substitute teacher. They are also perfect for distance learning.
INCLUDED IN EVERY LESSON
- Engaging activities that remove all downtime
- Substitute directions and letter from you to the sub
- Answer keys
- Letter of instructions for your students
- Behavior check-points throughout the lesson
- Engaging warm-up
- Comprehensive lesson over seasons
- Extension activities for early finishers
- Summative assessments
- A class set of handouts for teachers of multiple sections
- Student PDF for distance learning or use in an LMS such as Google Classroom
- Student PDF that can be used for online annotation with products such as Kami
- Google form and printable answer sheet
- Editable versions of documents
The sub plans have been updated to include options for distance learning. I’ve made it easy for you to send your students a student-only PDF and a link to a Google Form to record their answers. You could also send the student-only PDF and have them annotate right on top of the file if your school uses PDF editors. These are great materials for remote learning and at-home assignments.
- The middle school science sub plans are designed to be student-centered. Each activity is thoughtfully created with a substitute teacher in mind.
- Your substitute will think you are a rockstar after reviewing the lesson for the day. Each plan has teacher directions, a letter from you to the students, student expectations, engaging activities, academic and behavior checkpoints, answer keys, and more.
- Each of the lessons can be used in a variety of ways. They can be left for a substitute, sent to students in ISS, given as homework or extra credit, or used in a small group setting.