PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Barrier games are a favorite among clinicians and students. They are a great way to incorporate many skills: expressive skills (giving directions), receptive skills (following directions), social skills, basic concepts, vocabulary, categorization, sentence formation, and storytelling.
Includes (in color and black & white):
Fall scene with 11 separate pictures
Winter scene with 12 separate pictures
Spring scene with 11 separate pictures
Summer scene with 10 separate pictures
List of directions to give with each scene (targeting concepts below)
- Vocabulary: e.g. Put the ice skates on the snow.
- Adjectives: e.g. colors, size
- Spatial concepts: e.g. on, in, under, below, next to, between
- Following multi-step directions
- Sequential directions: e.g. Before you put the pumpkin in the patch, put the leaves under the tree.
- Social skills: e.g. Making eye contact to give/receive instructions and asking questions to clarify instructions.
How to play:
Laminate scenes, then cut and laminate pieces that go with each scene.
Barrier games are most commonly played on a magnetic surface. You can play on cookie sheets and place pieces on a thin, sticky magnet. Otherwise, you can put tack on each piece so it will stick to the scene.
Give everyone playing a scene and set of pieces. Set up a barrier between players (e.g. file folder). One person (clinician or student) arranges all their pieces on the scene and then gives directions to other player(s) on where to place the items. The purpose of the game is to have matching scenes at the end.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE OTHER BARRIER GAMES:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your ‘My Purchases’ page. Beside each purchase you'll see a ‘Provide Feedback’ button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for you.
Be the first to know about freebies, sales, and product launches:
• Look for the green ★ next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. All of my products are discounted the first 48 hours.