Are your children learning seasons, how to sequence, and how things grow?
The seasons of an Apple Tree is a perfect method to combine many standards in a developmentally-friendly, cross-curricular activity.
- Demonstrate understanding of the weather and sequencing of the seasons.
- Recognize how an apple grows and the 'magic' of the apple tree.
- Trace letters and improve handwriting with handy dots to start each letter.
- Develop stronger fine-motor skills by coloring, cutting and gluing.
- Enjoy this activity!
Great books to read along with this lesson are:
- Seasons of an Apple Pie Tree by Zoe Hall
- Apples (non-fiction) by Bill Esbaum
- The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree by Gail Gibbons