Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
14.11 MB | 17 slides, 7 pages
The following is a 2-3 day (75 minute periods), common core-based bundle on secession and the opening stages of the Civil War. This bundle contains a worksheet and a 17-slide PowerPoint presentation. This lesson contains a variety of student-centered activities that promote critical thinking and class discussion.
Topics covered in this lesson:
• Secession of South Carolina
• Lincoln’s Inaugural Address
• Fort Sumter
• Causes of the Civil War
• North vs. South – military advantages
• War aims
• Battle of First Bull Run
Activities utilized in this lesson:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source analysis
• Secession advertisement activity
• Causes of the Civil War graphic organizer
• Analysis of military advantages for both sides
• Two video clips (link included) – with questions
• Song Analysis (both songs included) – with questions.
• Almost 30 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• Enormous amounts of class discussion opportunities
Also included is a 17-slide PowerPoint presentation that contains photographs, charts, maps, and graphs.
Feel free to edit this worksheet to meet your specific needs. Follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this bundle. Thanks!