This sub plan pack includes EIGHT activities for your sub to complete with your class, including:
*5 ELA Activities:
1. Identifying story elements
2. Identifying character traits
3. Writing what happens next
4. Sequencing events
5. Identifying the main idea and supporting details
*2 Math Activities:
1. Word problems w/ fractions
2. Collecting data and using a bar graph
* Make your own cover - A Bad Case of the _____________!
Additional Materials you may need:
* A Bad Case of the Stripes by David Shannon
For the craft:
* Writing Paper
* Coloring Materials
How I Use:
In my sub tub, I have a binder full of my proceedures and class information. It never changes, save for once a year when I update rosters, etc.
I also have a section with a generic “Suggested Schedule.” It has a whole day mapped out for the sub, where blocks of time simply say “Activity 1”. Behind the binder, I have 8 hanging file folders filled with the activities for the day. I usually have a whole other set specifically for an emergency sub as well. Each folder has the copies, any additional supplies, and an example made by me so the sub understands what I expect from the students.
If you have any questions about my sub tub system, feel free to contact me!