This Second Grade No Prep Packet for April
contains activities that are fun, engaging, and common core aligned
. Math and literacy activities are included and the common core standard addressed is printed clearly on each page. All activities require NO PREP - just print and go! A table of contents is included.
Packets for September - May are available in my store. The packets build upon each other and increase in difficulty as the year progresses. ALL second grade math and language arts common core standards are addressed!
You can purchase the individual packets here:
Second Grade September / Back to School Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade October / Halloween Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade November / Thanksgiving Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade December / Christmas Common Core Packet
Second Grade January / Winter Common Core Packet
Second Grade February / Valentine's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade March / St. Patrick's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade April / Easter Common Core Packet
Second Grade May / End of School Common Core Packet
Or save BIG with the bundles:
Second Grade Fall Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Winter Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Spring Common Core No Prep Bundle
Get the ALL YEAR bundle here:
Second Grade All Year Common Core No Prep Bundle
Included in this April packet:
*Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Literature) (RL.2.1) – Read a fiction book and answer the questions.
*Making Inferences (RL.2.7) – Use the sentences and illustrations to make inferences.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Informative – Chickens) (RI.2.1) - Read an informative text about chickens and answer the questions.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (2) (Biography – Babe Ruth) (RI.2.1) – Read a biography about Babe Ruth answer the questions.
*Chicken Lifecycle (RI.2.7) – Use a diagram about a chicken’s lifecycle, along with the text, to clarify understanding.
*How Do You Spell It? (RF.2.3.E) – Spell words with inconsistent spelling patterns, using a dictionary if needed.
* Opinion Writing (2) (W.2.1) – Write to answer the questions – includes 2 (Should Young Children Use iPads? and Should You Play Tricks on April Fools’ Day?)
* Informative Writing (2) (W.2.2) – Write 2 informative pieces (How to Dye Easter Eggs and the Chicken Lifecycle)
* Narrative Writing (W.2.3) – Write 2 narratives (The Baseball Game and The Easter Bunny’s Adventure (fictional))
*Class Research Projects (4 Parts ) (W.2.6, W.2.7) – As a class, choose a topic to research, ask questions about the topic, research facts about the topic, write and publish a class research paper
*Key Ideas (W.2.8) – Determine three key points for each writing topic.
*Read and Ask (SL.2.1.C) – Read a book with a friend, then ask and discuss comprehension questions.
*Partner Talk (SL.2.4) – Talk with a partner about different interests and events.
*The Easter Bunny (SL.2.5) – Write and illustrate a story about the Easter Bunny. Create an audio recording of your story.
*Growing a Flower (SL.2.5) – Write and illustrate about how to grow a flower. Create an audio recording of your how to guide.
*Write and Check (L.2.1) – Write about a topic of your choice, then use the checklist to proofread.
* Expand It! (L.2.1.F) – Expand the sentences to make them more exciting.
* Proofreading Practice (L.2.2) – Proofread and rewrite a letter.
* Capitalization (L.2.2.A) – Rewrite the sentences using capitals correctly.
*Dear Friend (L.2.2.B) – Write a letter to a friend. Practice using commas in the greeting and closing.
*Apostrophes (L.2.2.C) – Add the missing apostrophe(s) to each sentence.
*Multiple Meanings (L.2.4) – Determine the correct definition for the underlined word in each sentence.
*Define It (L.2.4.A) – Use context clues to define the underlined word in each sentence.
*Look It Up (L.2.4.E) – Use a dictionary to define each word.
* Addition Fact Practice (2.OA.2) – Answer the addition problems quickly.
* Subtraction Fact Practice (2..OA.2) - Answer the subtraction problems quickly.
* Odd and Even Eggs (2.OA.3) – Color the eggs according to odd or even numbers.
*Write it 2 Ways (2.NBT.3) - Write each number in expanded and word form.
*Ordering Numbers to 1000 (2.NBT.4) – Put the numbers in order from smallest to largest.
* Double Digit Addition (2.NBT.5)
* Double Digit Subtraction (2.NBT.5)
*Break the Code Addition (2.NBT.5) – Use the code to solve the picture addition problems.
*Adding 4 Numbers (2.NBT.6) – Solve the addition problems with 4 2-digit numbers.
* Roll and Solve Addition (2.NBT.7) – Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Subtraction (2.NBT.7) - Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit subtraction problems.
*Number Puzzles (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the missing numbers on segments of a number grid.
*Measuring With a Ruler (2.MD.1) – Measure the objects with a ruler, using inches and centimeters.
*Measure it Twice (2.MD.2) – Measure the same object using different units and compare the measurements.
*Measurement Word Problems (2.MD.5) – Solve the word problems involving measurement.
*Plot the Number Line (2.MD.6) – Fill in the missing numbers (counting by 1s, 5s, 10s, or 100s) on each number line.
* Price Check (2.MD.8) – Count the money and determine if there is enough to purchase a given item.
*Drawing Shapes (2.G.1) – Draw given shapes on Easter eggs.
*How Many Squares? (2.G.2) – Partition rectangles in to rows and columns and count the squares.
I hope you enjoy this packet and find it useful and engaging for your students. Please message me with any questions. Enjoy!
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Or find me at Kendra's Kindergarten