Here’s a set of fun and fast-paced holiday math games starring that famous red-nosed reindeer
your kids all love!
Using 59 cards for math expressions,
your students will reach into a bag, pull out a card, and solve the expression on the card.
* If the player gets a card with any answer except 8 ( like those eight little
reindeer!), he keeps the card.
* If the answer is 8, he puts all of his cards back in the bag.
* If the student gets a Rudy card, he chooses any one of his cards to give to any of
the other players.
There are two ways to win
: be the first to collect any eight cards, or be the first to collect five reindeer cards, each with a different colored hat. It's a perfect activity for partners, small groups, and math centers!
Also included in this resource is a fun four-in-a-row game that uses the same cards - download the preview for a closer look!
Here are the skills included in this set ...
* Adding and subtracting two- and three-digit numbers
* Missing addends
* Adding and subtracting ten, multiples of ten, and 100
* Three addends
* Comparing numbers
* Math Vocabulary: dozen, pattern, triangle, rectangle, hexagon, cube
2.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one-and two-step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions
2.OA.B.2 Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies.
2.NBT.A.2 Skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s
2.NBT.B.8 Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100–900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100–900.
2.G.A.1 Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces. Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
• Second Grade Math Games
• Second Grade Math Games Bundle Addition, Subtraction, and Place Value
• First & Second Grade Math 120 Riddle Cards for the 120 Chart Set 1
• First Grade Math & Second Grade Math Riddle Clip Cards for 1-100
• First Grade and Second Grade Math Games for Winter
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will receive customized email updates. You’ll also find an occasional "Followers Only" thank you freebie in your TpT mailbox!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook
Primary Inspiration on Instagram