Here it is! Your YEAR of 2nd Grade
Writing, Reading, Language, and Spelling planned by the week
in an Excel spreadsheet!
* You can also take each row and paste it into a page to make your weekly lesson plans to turn into the office or keep in a notebook.
It took me a LONG time to get this right and ensure that ALL COMMON CORE SKILLS ARE COVERED. However, I am using this to teach my precious class and put on TPT and I'm a perfectionist. So, it had to be complete and reliable. Don't forget to check out my Math Common Core Planning Guide in my TPT store, too.
What is included?
I've put each subject in a column with the Common Core Standards and, for the Reading/Literature section, I've broken them down into the Comprehension Skill and Comprehension Strategy. I have included the stories for the basal series I have to use (Scott Foresman Reading Street), but you can change/ add/edit to fit the basal series you use OR the literature you use. I always substitute/supplement my own literature selections instead of just using the simple basal story.
* ALL Common Core Writing Standards are covered with prompt suggestions and resources.
* ALL Common Core Vocabulary/Grammar Standards are covered.
* ALL Common Core Spelling Standards are covered.
* I've also left the Science and Social Studies topics/themes that I use since we haven't implemented the forthcoming Science/Social Studies Common Core curricula (even though SS is woven in to what exists).
What can you do?
* Customize the dates of the weeks to fit your calendar. I've numbered the weeks and inserted dates.
* Customize the literature you use or use what is listed. Most basal stories listed are actually books.
This can be printed on 8 Â½ x 14 paper (7 sheets) or resized to fit your needs.
I hope you enjoy this tool! A complete framework with scaffolded skills is a vital tool for success.
Dixie Pearls Second-Grade-Fun.blogspot.com