Here it is! Your YEAR of 2nd Grade!
Including: Wonders Reading, Language, Writing, Spelling, Science and Social Studies......planned by the week using Excel spreadsheet format to be printed on legal size paper.
Perfect for three-hole punching and placing in a binder.......
* You can also take each row and paste it into a page to make your weekly lesson plans to turn into the office or keep in a notebook.
It took me a LONG time to get this right and ensure that ALL COMMON CORE SKILLS ARE COVERED. However, I am using this to teach my precious class and put on TPT and I'm a perfectionist. So, it had to be complete and reliable. Don't forget to check out my Math Common Core Planning Guide in my TPT store, too.
What is included?
I've put each subject in a column with the Common Core Standards listed for each week and, for the Reading/Literature section, I've broken them down into the Genre,Comprehension Skill, and Comprehension Strategy.
I have included the stories for the Wonders basal series, but you could change/add/edit to fit the basal series you use (Can you say UBD? :) ) OR the literature you use. I always substitute/supplement my own literature selections instead of just using the simple basal story.
There are three built-in flexible weeks for assessments/novel units/writing focus/publishing, etc. Each flexible week has a suggested read-aloud/read-along novel I have used with my classes.
* ALL Common Core Writing Standards are plugged into the plan with prompt suggestions and resources available via Wonders.
* ALL Common Core Grammar Standards are covered.
* ALL Common Core Spelling Standards are covered.
* The Science Grade Level Equivalents are based on NGSS.
* ALL Social Studies standards are covered.
What can you do?
* Customize the dates of the weeks to fit your calendar. I've numbered the weeks for a 36 week year.
I hope you enjoy this tool! A complete framework with scaffolded skills is a vital tool for success.
Dixie Pearls Second-Grade-Fun.blogspot.com