This Second Grade No Prep Packet for December
contains activities that are fun, engaging, and common core aligned
. Math and literacy activities are included and the common core standard addressed is printed clearly on each page. All activities require NO PREP - just print and go! A table of contents is included.
Packets for September - May are available in my store. The packets build upon each other and increase in difficulty as the year progresses. ALL second grade math and language arts common core standards are addressed!
You can purchase the individual packets here:
Second Grade September / Back to School Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade October / Halloween Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade November / Thanksgiving Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade December / Christmas Common Core Packet
Second Grade January / Winter Common Core Packet
Second Grade February / Valentine's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade March / St. Patrick's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade April / Easter Common Core Packet
Second Grade May / End of School Common Core Packet
Or save BIG with the bundles:
Second Grade Fall Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Winter Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Spring Common Core No Prep Bundle
Get the ALL YEAR bundle here:
Second Grade All Year Common Core No Prep Bundle
Included in this December packet:
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Literature) (RL.2.1) – Read a fiction book and answer the questions.
*A Snowy Christmas Eve (RL.2.3) – Read the story and tell how the main character overcame the conflict.
* Christmas Poem (RL.2.4) – Read the poem, practice fluency, find the rhyming words.
*Comparing Characters (RL.2.6) – Compare the characters Rudolph and Hermey the Elf from the movie Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Biography – Sally Ride) (RI.2.1) – Read a biography about Sally Ride and answer the questions.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Informative - Blizzards) (RI.2.1) - Read an informative text about blizzards and answer the questions.
*Reindeer: Informative Text (RI.2.4) – Read the informative text about reindeer and answer the questions about the meanings of words from the text.
*Identifying Purpose (RI.2.6) – Read each passage and determine the author’s purpose.
*Points and Reasons (RI.2.8) – Read the passages and determine the author’s point and the reasons that support it.
* Sight Word Search (RF.2.3.F) – Complete the word search and find the sight words.
* Fluency Passage (RF.2.4.B) – Read the passage about a ski trip to practice fluency.
* Opinion Writing (2) (W.2.1) – Write to answer the questions – includes 2 (Who works harder: Santa or the elves? and Should you get a real or fake Christmas tree?)
* Informative Writing (2) (W.2.2) – Write 2 informative pieces (How to Put Up Christmas Lights and How to Play Basketball)
* Narrative Writing (W.2.3) – Write 2 narratives (A Winter Day and My Winter Break)
*North Pole Weather Comparison (W.2.8) – Use your knowledge of the weather in your area and research on weather in the North Pole to compare and contrast the two climates.
*Discussion Rules (SL.2.1.A) - Work with your classmates to come up with a list of rules to follow during class discussion.
* What Will You Ask Santa For? Discussion (SL.2.1.B) – Discuss the topic with your classmates. Record their answers and your response to them.
* My Best Christmas (SL.2.5) – Write about your best thanksgiving, using drawings for details. Make an audio recording of your story.
*Past Tense (L.2.1.D) – Change the sentences with irregular verb to past tense.
* Expand It! (L.2.1.F) – Expand the sentences to make them more exciting.
* Proofreading Practice (L.2.2) – Proofread and rewrite a letter.
* Capitalization (L.2.2.A) – Rewrite the sentences using capitals correctly.
*Spell Check (L.2.2E) – Use a dictionary to find the correct spelling for each word.
* Using a Dictionary (L.2.4.E) – Use a dictionary to define the Christmas words.
*Shades of Meaning (L.2.5.B) – Use illustrations to point out the differences between verbs with similar meanings.
* Word Problems (2.OA.1) – Use addition and subtraction to solve the word problems.
* Addition Fact Practice (2.OA.2) – Answer the addition problems quickly.
* Subtraction Fact Practice (2..OA.2) - Answer the subtraction problems quickly.
* Matching Sums (2.OA.2) – Solve the addition problems and match those with equal sums.
* Odd and Even Lights (2.OA.3) – Color the Christmas lights according to odd or even numbers.
* Odd or Even Ornaments (2.OA.3) – Count the ornaments on each Christmas tree and decide if the number is odd or even. Write an addition problem with equal addends for the even numbers.
*Find the Missing Numbers (2.NBT.2) – Fill in the missing numbers (to 1000)
* Skip Count by 100s (2.NBT.2) – Skip count by 100s to reach 1000.
* Write It 2 Ways (2.NBT.3) – Write numbers in expanded form and word form.
* Double Digit Addition (2.NBT.5)
* Double Digit Subtraction (2.NBT.5)
*Adding 3 Numbers (2.NBT.6) – Solve the addition problems with 3 2-digit numbers.
* Roll and Solve Addition (2.NBT.7) – Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Subtraction (2.NBT.7) - Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit subtraction problems.
*Number Puzzles (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the missing numbers on segments of a number grid.
*Adding and Subtracting 10 and 100 (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the chart to add/subtract 10 and 100 from the given 3-digit number.
*Explain It (2.NBT.9) – Solve a double-digit addition problem with base ten blocks and explain why this method leads to the correct answer.
* Write the Time (2.MD.7) – Practice telling time to 10 minutes.
* Count the Coins (2.MD.8) – Write an addition problem to find the total value of the coins.
* Christmas Graph (2.MD.10) – Create and interpret a graph about Christmas.
* Drawing Shapes (Cubes) (2.G.1) – Draw the given shapes. Include one non-defining attribute.
* Color That Fraction (2.G.3) – Color the ornaments to match the fraction.
I hope you enjoy this packet and find it useful and engaging for your students. Please message me with any questions. Enjoy!
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Or find me at Kendra's Kindergarten