This resource matches the Ohio's Second Grade Learning Standards for Geography. There are activities to match each standard.
This Resource Matches the Following Standards:
5. Maps and their symbols can be interpreted to answer questions about location of places.
6. The work that people do is impacted by the distinctive human and physical characteristics in the place where they live.
7. Human activities alter the physical environment, both positively and negatively.
8. Cultures develop in unique ways, in part through the influence of the physical environment.
9. Interactions among cultures lead to sharing ways of life.
This Recource Contains the Following Activities:
•Creating a map
•Introducing Work in Different Cities
•How Humans Can Impact the Environment
•Understanding the Negative and Positive Effects We Have on the Environment
•Looking at Different Cultures
•Looking at Large Cities with a Variety of Cultures
These lessons include opportunities for research, discussion, and modeling. These lessons are a great way to cover the standards listed above!
This is part of my Second Grade Social Studies Bundle !
The Bundle Includes the Following Resources:
Second Grade Economics Pack
Second Grade Government Lessons
Second Grade History Lessons