This unit is designed with the Grade 2 Manitoba Science curriculum in mind, but the lessons and activities are suitable to be used with any curriculum about position and motion. This unit is for Cluster 3: Position & Motion.
Each unit contains a lesson idea and interactive journal page for each unit outcome. There is also one science experiment and one design process project in each unit.
These are the lessons/outcomes covered in this unit:
1. Unit title page
2. Define important vocabulary
3. Label important motion vocabulary
4. Demonstrate positional words
5. Describe changes in position
6. Describe positions from different perspectives
7. Draw objects from different perspectives
8. Sort objects and living things by how they move
9. Sort movements that are pushes and pulls
10. Test how the strength of pushes affects movement
11. Test friction of different objects on different surfaces
12. Test how changing the slope affects motion (science experiment)
13. Name inclined planes found in the community
14. Name things that have wheels and axles
15. Describe the motion of wheels on a vehicle
16. Describe how wheels make movement easier
17. Design a car with wheels and axles (design process)
Buy this unit separately or in a bundle with my other three units to save money: Second Grade Interactive Science Journal: BUNDLE
*Updated July 4/16* This unit comes bundled with two files now--the original PDF version and an editable PowerPoint version. If you teach Science in another language (German or French perhaps?) you can edit the text boxes on the student pages to meet your needs. The teacher information pages are not editable, but all the student pages are! You do need to have PowerPoint in order to edit the file.