This unit is designed with the Grade 2 Manitoba Social Studies curriculum in mind. This unit is for Cluster 3: The Canadian Community. This unit is all about Canada and it’s connections to the world.
This pack contains a lesson idea and interactive journal page for each knowledge outcome in the curriculum. Each community has ten lessons/journal pages.
These are the lessons/outcomes covered in this pack:
Cluster 3: The Canadian Community
1. Unit title page
2. Describe various Canadian symbols
3. Name the official Canadian symbols
4. Name the official Manitoba symbols
5. Describe how place names in Canada got their names
6. Describe how Canada is made up of diverse people
7. Compare different languages spoken in Canada
8. Describe the official languages of Canada
9. Describe how the Francophone culture has influenced Canada
10. Describe the diversity of Canada's geography
11. Sort needs and wants
12. Describe different ways that people meet their needs
13. Describe how the media influences our wants and needs
14. Locate Canada on a map
15. Describe characteristics of the world
16. Describe how Canada is connected to other countries
This unit comes bundled with two files--a PDF version and an editable PowerPoint version. If you teach Social Studies in another language (German or French perhaps?) you can edit the text boxes on the student pages to meet your needs. The teacher information pages are not editable, but all the student pages are! You do need to have PowerPoint in order to edit the file.
Buy this unit separately or in a bundle with the other two units to save money: Second Grade Interactive Social Studies Journal - Bundle