This Second Grade No Prep Packet for January
contains activities that are fun, engaging, and common core aligned
. Math and literacy activities are included and the common core standard addressed is printed clearly on each page. All activities require NO PREP - just print and go! A table of contents is included.
Packets for September - May are available in my store. The packets build upon each other and increase in difficulty as the year progresses. ALL second grade math and language arts common core standards are addressed!
You can purchase the individual packets here:
Second Grade September / Back to School Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade October / Halloween Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade November / Thanksgiving Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade December / Christmas Common Core Packet
Second Grade January / Winter Common Core Packet
Second Grade February / Valentine's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade March / St. Patrick's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade April / Easter Common Core Packet
Second Grade May / End of School Common Core Packet
Or save BIG with the bundles:
Second Grade Fall Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Winter Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Spring Common Core No Prep Bundle
Get the ALL YEAR bundle here:
Second Grade All Year Common Core No Prep Bundle
Included in this January packet:
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Literature) (RL.2.1) – Read a fiction book and answer the questions.
* Martin Luther King, Jr. Poem (RL.2.4) – Read the poem, practice fluency, find the rhyming words.
*Plot Diagram (RL.2.5) – Read The Mitten by Jan Brett and create a plot diagram for the story.
*Using Illustrations (RL.2.7) – Use the illustration, along with the text, to answer comprehension questions.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Biography – MLK) (RI.2.1) – Read a biography about Martin Luther King, Jr. and answer the questions.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Informative – Winter Olympics) (RI.2.1) - Read an informative text about the Winter Olympics and answer the questions.
*Using Text Features (RL.2.5) – Use text features, such as captions and headings, to answer comprehension questions about a newspaper article.
*Points and Reasons (RI.2.8) – Read the passages and determine the author’s point and the reasons that support it.
*Comparing Texts (2) (RL.2.9) – Read two different texts on the same topic (MLK and Penguins) and use the diagram to compare.
*New Year Comprehension (RF.2.4) – Read the passage about New Year’s Eve and answer the comprehension questions.
*Using Context Clues (RF.2.4.C) – Use context clued in each sentence to determine the missing word.
* Opinion Writing (2) (W.2.1) – Write to answer the questions – includes 2 (Should you have a snowball fight? And Should you ski or snowboard?)
* Informative Writing (2) (W.2.2) – Write 2 informative pieces (Winter Sports and How to Build a Snowman)
* Narrative Writing (W.2.3) – Write 2 narratives (My New Year’s Eve and My Birthday Party)
*Key Ideas (W.2.8) – Determine three key points for each writing topic.
*Penguin Writing (W.2.8) – Use prior knowledge, along with research, to compare and contrast lives of penguins in the wild and at the zoo.
* What is your New Year’s Resolution? Discussion (SL.2.1.B) – Discuss the topic with your classmates. Record their answers and your response to them.
*Past Tense (L.2.1.D) – Change the sentences with irregular verb to past tense.
* Expand It! (L.2.1.F) – Expand the sentences to make them more exciting.
* Proofreading Practice (L.2.2) – Proofread and rewrite a letter.
* Capitalization (L.2.2.A) – Rewrite the sentences using capitals correctly.
*Spell Check (L.2.2E) – Use a dictionary to find the correct spelling for each word.
* Word Problems (2.OA.1) – Use addition and subtraction to solve the word problems.
* Addition Fact Practice (2.OA.2) – Answer the addition problems quickly.
* Subtraction Fact Practice (2..OA.2) - Answer the subtraction problems quickly.
* Matching Sums (2.OA.2) – Solve the addition problems and match those with equal sums.
* Odd and Even Snowflakes (2.OA.3) – Color the Christmas lights according to odd or even numbers.
* Odd and Even Mittens (2.OA.3) – Color the Christmas lights according to odd or even numbers.
*Rectangular Arrays (2.OA.4) – Show each rectangular array as an addition problem with equal addends.
*Place Value (2.NBT.1) – Show the base ten blocks as three digit numbers.
*Hundreds (2.NBT.1.B) – Show multiples of one hundred as numerals and in written form.
*Find the Missing Numbers (2.NBT.2) – Fill in the missing numbers (to 1000)
* Counting Up (2.NBT.2) – Program a calculator to count up. Record the results.
* What’s the Number? (2.NBT.3) – Read each number and write it in numeric form.
* Write It 2 Ways (2.NBT.3) – Write numbers in expanded form and word form.
* Double Digit Addition (2.NBT.5)
* Double Digit Subtraction (2.NBT.5)
*Adding 3 Numbers (2.NBT.6) – Solve the addition problems with 3 2-digit numbers.
* Roll and Solve Addition (2.NBT.7) – Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Subtraction (2.NBT.7) - Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit subtraction problems.
*Adding and Subtracting 10 and 100 (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the chart to add/subtract 10 and 100 from the given 3-digit number.
*Number Puzzles (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the missing numbers on segments of a number grid.
*Plot the Number Line (2.MD.6) – Fill in the missing numbers (counting my 1s, 5s, 10s, or 100s) on each number line.
* Write the Time (2.MD.7) – Practice telling time to 10 minutes.
* Count the Money (2.MD.8) – Write an addition problem to find the total value of the money.
* Color That Fraction (2.G.3) – Color the circles to match the fraction.
I hope you enjoy this packet and find it useful and engaging for your students. Please message me with any questions. Enjoy!
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Or find me at Kendra's Kindergarten