This is a comprehensive resource for 2nd Grade Literacy Centers. By choosing this resource, you will be getting 120 2nd Grade Centers for the entire year!
***This is a growing bundle. For our 2nd Grade Centers, we will be adding 10 Literacy Centers for every month. So every month, on the 12th, you can grab the upcoming month of centers.
Each month will include 10 Common Core Aligned Literacy Centers that can be rearranged and reused throughout the year!
You won't have to worry about not being able to use centers because they are NOT holiday/seasonally themed!
We have done the ground work for you! You won't have to think about which standard your activities align to!
Everything is laid out in a way that makes sense!
You can see how we aligned the November Centers with our handy color-coded scope and sequence.
Here's What's Inside:
1. Hard and Soft C and G (4 mats, 32 word cards, 32 picture cards)
2. R-Controlled Vowel Mats (10 passages each with 15 r-controlled words)
3. Character Cards: Fairness (28 cards - 14 fair, 14 unfair)
4. Stretch a Sentence (1 anchor chart, 1 mat, 60 prompts - 30 people, 30 things)
5. Parts of Speech Sort (1 anchor chart, 9 parts of speech cards, 99 cards)
6. Vivid Verbs (18 verbs, 90 vivid verbs)
7. Poetry Mats (10 mats)
8. Non-Fiction Mats (10 passages, 8 diagram options)
9. What Do You Think? (30 discussion prompts)
10. Dictionary Skills (6 labels, 30 cards)
1. Suffix Word Building (12 suffix cards, 56 base word cards, 1 anchor chart)
2. Compound Word Cones (15 compound word cones, 30 word scoops)
3. Character Ed: Responsibility (28 cards - 14 responsible, 14 not responsible)
4. Create Your Own Ending (10 Create Your Own Ending Passages)
5. Common/Proper Nouns Match-Up (5 mats, 12 common nouns and 12 proper nouns on each mat)
6. Vivid Verb Sentences (36 sentences, 18 word sliders with 6 verbs on each)
7. Idiom Mats (24 Idiom Mats)
8. Fact Finding (10 compare and contrast mats, 2 diagram choices)
9. Reading Fluency Fun (15 voice cards, 50 sentences)
10. Glossary Skills (10 glossary mats, 10 comprehension mats)
1. Vowel Teams Baseball (1 mat, 112 word cards, 16 vowel teams)
2. Syllable Puzzles (40 3-syllable word puzzles)
3. Character Ed: Caring (28 cards - 14 caring, 14 not caring)
4. Would You Rather? (30 prompts)
5. Grammar Surgery (1 anchor chart, 25 passages)
6. Build a Sentence (108 sentence fragments (36 beginning, 36 middle, 36 end), 1 mat)
7. Same and Different (10 Compare and Contrast Passages)
8. Text Feature Hunt (21 Task Cards)
9. Alphabetical Order (20 mats, 15 words per mat)
10. Statements vs. Questions (2 mats, 32 sentences - 16 statements, 16 questions)
1. Crack the Code (1 chart, 16 mats, 16 pictures)
2. What Kind of Syllable? (60 word cards, 3 mats, 1 chart)
3. Character Cards: Trustworthy (28 cards - 14 of each)
4. Writing Process (36 prompts, 1 mat, 2 writing papers)
5. Adjective vs. Adverb (2 spinners, 96 cards, 2 mats)
6. Possessive Nouns (48 double-sided cards)
7. Character Analysis (16 stories, 16 character traits)
8. Moral of the Story (16 stories, 16 cards, 1 writing mat)
9. Top 5 (32 cards)
10. Build Your Own Timeline (10 mats, 10 sets of pictures)
1. The Root of it All (10 root mats, 40 word cards)
2. What Did They Say? (20 passages)
3. Character Cards: Patience (28 cards - 14 of each)
4. Name Alliteration (3 options with 26 pages each)
5. Irregular Verbs (32 task cards)
6. Commas in a Series (30 task cards)
7. Character Analysis (16 passages with writing, 2 mats)
8. Author’s Purpose (15 passages)
9. Group Stories (6 mats)
10. Map Skills (14 puzzles with 3 pieces each)
1. Diphthong Sort (8 headings, 120 cards, 8 sentence mats)
2. What Kind of Syllable, Part 2 (48 word cards, 4 mats, 1 chart)
3. Character Cards: Thoughtful (28 cards - 14 of each)
4. Linking Word Puzzles (28 cards - 14 of each)
5. Spelling Bee (2 mat options, 60 double-sided cards)
6. Make A Sentence (24 mats)
7. Searching for Clues (36 Task Cards)
8. What If? (36 Prompts)
9. Accountable Talk Prompts (4 Accountable Talk Categories and 24 Prompts)
10. QR Codes Research (16 task cards with 5 questions each)
May Centers: Coming 4/12/19
June Centers: Coming 5/12/19
July Centers: Coming 6/12/19
August Centers: Coming 7/12/19
September Centers: Coming 8/12/19
October Centers: Coming 9/12/19
We will also be sharing the scope and sequence for the month ahead AND the month ahead! That way, you don't have to worry about what's coming for those of you who plan far in advance.
Each month will be $8.00. When you add up the 12 months, it comes out to be $96. The finished bundle sale price will be $48.
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
• Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
• Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credit given to myself as the author and a link back to my TPT store is included in your post/presentation.
• Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Liscom Garcia and a link back to my TPT store.
You May Not:
• Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
• Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
• Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
• Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
If you have any questions about this resource, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org