This Second Grade No Prep Packet for March
contains activities that are fun, engaging, and common core aligned
. Math and literacy activities are included and the common core standard addressed is printed clearly on each page. All activities require NO PREP - just print and go! A table of contents is included.
Packets for September - May are available in my store. The packets build upon each other and increase in difficulty as the year progresses. ALL second grade math and language arts common core standards are addressed!
You can purchase the individual packets here:
Second Grade September / Back to School Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade October / Halloween Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade November / Thanksgiving Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade December / Christmas Common Core Packet
Second Grade January / Winter Common Core Packet
Second Grade February / Valentine's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade March / St. Patrick's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade April / Easter Common Core Packet
Second Grade May / End of School Common Core Packet
Or save BIG with the bundles:
Second Grade Fall Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Winter Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Spring Common Core No Prep Bundle
Get the ALL YEAR bundle here:
Second Grade All Year Common Core No Prep Bundle
Included in this March packet:
*Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Literature) (RL.2.1) – Read a fiction book and answer the questions.
*Plot Diagram (RL.2.5) – Use the diagram to show different parts of a fictional story.
*Making Inferences (RL.2.7) – Use the sentences and illustrations to make inferences.
*”The Leprechaun’s Gold” Check In (RL.2.10) – Read the story “The Leprechaun’s Gold” (on page 8 of the packet) and answer the comprehension questions. Use color to find evidence in the text.
*”The Leprechaun’s Gold Extended Response (RL.2.10) – Draw plans for a leprechaun Trap
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (2) (Biography – St. Patrick) (RI.2.1) – Read a biography about Saint Patrick answer the questions. You will need to have your own St. Patrick biography for this activity.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Informative – Dinosaurs) (RI.2.1) - Read an informative text about dinosaurs and answer the questions.
*”The Leprechauns’ Gold” Story (RF.2.4) – Read the story. Complete comprehension activities on pages 4 and 5.
*Define It (RF.2.4.C) – Use context clues in each sentence to define the underlined word.
*Using Context Clues (RF.2.4.C) – Use context clues to choose the best word to complete the sentence.
* Opinion Writing (2) (W.2.1) – Write to answer the questions – includes 2 (Do Leprechauns Exist? And How much TV Should You Watch?)
* Informative Writing (2) (W.2.2) – Write 2 informative pieces (How to Catch a Leprechaun and The Butterfly Lifecycle)
* Narrative Writing (W.2.3) – Write 2 narratives (The First Day of Spring and The Leprechaun’s Gold (fictional))
*Key Ideas (W.2.8) – Determine three key points for each writing topic.
* Spring Break Discussion (SL.2.1.C) – Discuss the topic with your classmates. Record their answers, ask them questions, and record their responses.
*Catching a Leprechaun (SL.2.5) – Write and illustrate a story about catching a leprechaun. Create an audio recording of your story.
*Reflexive Pronouns (L.2.1.C) – Choose the correct reflexive pronoun to complete each sentence.
*Past Tense (L.2.1.D) – Change the sentences with irregular verb to past tense.
* Expand It! (L.2.1.F) – Expand the sentences to make them more exciting.
* Proofreading Practice (L.2.2) – Proofread and rewrite a letter.
* Capitalization (L.2.2.A) – Rewrite the sentences using capitals correctly.
*Apostrophes (L.2.2.C) – Add the missing apostrophe(s) to each sentence.
*Draw It (L.2.4.D) – Illustrate the compound words.
* Word Problems (2.OA.1) – Use addition and subtraction to solve the word problems.
*Comparing Number Sentences (2.OA.2) – Solve the equations and compare the answers using <, >, or =.
*Addition and Subtraction Fact Check Off Sheets (2.OA.2) – Assess and record the students math fact knowledge (addition and subtraction facts to 20).
* Addition Fact Practice (2.OA.2) – Answer the addition problems quickly.
* Subtraction Fact Practice (2..OA.2) - Answer the subtraction problems quickly.
* Odd and Even Shamrocks (2.OA.3) – Color the shamrocks according to odd or even numbers.
*Skip Count by 5s (2.NBT.2) – Skip count by 5s to complete the 120 chart.
*Break the Code Addition (2.NBT.5) – Use the code to solve the picture addition problems.
* Double Digit Addition (2.NBT.5)
* Double Digit Subtraction (2.NBT.5)
*Adding 4 Numbers (2.NBT.6) – Solve the addition problems with 4 2-digit numbers.
* Roll and Solve Addition (2.NBT.7) – Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Subtraction (2.NBT.7) - Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit subtraction problems.
*Number Puzzles (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the missing numbers on segments of a number grid.
*Explaining Addition (2.NBT.9) – Explain how to solve a double-digit addition problem using base ten blocks and a number grid..
*Measure it Twice (2.MD.2) – Measure the same object using different units and compare the measurements.
*Measurement Word Problems (2.MD.5) – Solve the word problems involving measurement.
*Plot the Number Line (2.MD.6) – Fill in the missing numbers (counting my 1s, 5s, 10s, or 100s) on each number line.
* Count the Money (2.MD.8) – Write an addition problem to find the total value of the money.
I hope you enjoy this packet and find it useful and engaging for your students. Please message me with any questions. Enjoy!
***This packet can be purchased in a bundle, along with March packets for kindergarten, first grade, and third grade here:
K-3 March Packets Bundle
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Or find me at Kendra's Kindergarten