This unit is a part of a series called "Show What You Know" and is designed to give students practice with the skills that we have taught. This is a collection of 10 center activities and games that are designed to help your students practice Second Grade Common Core Standards NBT 1 and 3- Students know that the number in the hundreds, tens and ones place represents the number of hundreds, tens and ones in a number, and students write numbers to 1000 using standard form, expanded form and word form. These activities are easy for you to prepare and easy for students to use. The games/activities included in this circus themed unit are:
1. Silly Clown Spin A Number- make a 3 digit number and draw base 10 blocks to show the number.
2. Monkey Matching Game-Match a number in standard form to that number shown in expanded form.
3. Base 10 Bumper Cars- Students roll dice to get a number and then draw base 10 blocks to show the number 2 ways.
4. Circus War- Students play a war game with numbers shown with base 10 blocks.
5. Spinning Under the Big Top- Students use a spinner to get three numbers. They then make the largest and smallest number they can make using these three digits.
6. Show Me 4- Students use dice to get a 3 digit number. They write this number in standard form, word form, expanded form and with base 10 blocks.
7. Juggling Jumble-Students match cards of numbers in standard form, expanded form and word form.
8. Silly Sort It Out- Students sort number cards onto the correct work mat.
9. Balloon Base 10- Students match words to base 10 blocks
10. Expanded Form War- Students play a war game with numbers shown in expanded form.
These games can be used the entire school year to help students practice these important skills. If you use my math units, this unit is coordinated to match my "Clowning Around With Math unit. You can find that unit in my store.
I hope your students enjoy these great math activities and games!