This unit is a part of a series called "Show What You Know" and is designed to give students practice with the skills that we have taught. This is a collection of 10 center activities and games that are designed to help your students practice Second Grade Common Core Standard 2.OA.2- Fluently use addition and subtraction facts to 20. These activities are easy for you to prepare and easy for students to use. The games/activities included are:
1. Make It 10- Dice Game
2. Make It 20- Dice Game
3. Magic # 11-Simialar to "Go Fish" (Matches make 11)
4. Magic # 21-Similar to "Go Fish" (Matches make 21)
5. Magic Square-Students arrange numbers 0-9 in rows and columns . Each row and column should equal 15.
6. Magical Mix Up-Students solve and sort addition and subtraction facts
7. Magical Family-Students use a spinner to get 2 numbers, add those to get a third number and then write a fact family.
8. Magical Match-Up Addition- Students play a memory game with addition facts.
9. Magical Match-Up Subtraction-Students play a memory game with subtraction facts.
10. Magic Wand War- Students play a "war" game. The players must solve their addition or subtraction problem. The player whose answer is largest gets both cards. Who ever has the most cards at the end is the winner!
These games can be used the entire school year to help students practice those addition and subtraction facts to 20. If you use my math units, this unit is coordinated to match my "Abracadabra Addition and Subtraction" math unit. You can find that unit
here in my store.
I hope your students enjoy these great math activities and games!