This unit is a part of a series called "Show What You Know" and is designed to give students practice with the skills that we have taught. This is a collection of 10 center activities and games that are designed to help your students practice Second Grade Common Core Standards 2.OA.3- Even and Odd, 2.NBT.2- Counting within 1000, skip counting by 5's, 10's and 100's, and 2.NBT. 4- Using <, = and >. These activities are easy for you to prepare and easy for students to use. The games/activities included in this cooking/food themed unit include:
1.Scoop and Count-Students scoop a handful of counters, beans, cereal, what ever you have for counters. They sort these on the sorting mat and then tell if the number is odd or even.
2. Savoy Sort It Out!: Students sort flashcards onto Even or Odd sorting mats.
3. Race to the Restaurant- Partners play a game on a 100's Board. They "race" to the restaurant by using odd and even numbers.
4. Cooking and Counting: Students use a spinner to get a three digit number and then count on.
5. Backwards BBQ-Students use dice to get a 3 digit number and then count backwards.
6. Skipping to Snack- Students sort flashcards while skip counting by 5', 10's and 100's.
7. Crunchy Counting: Students put flashcards in order while skip counting.
8. It's In The Oven- Students use a spinner to get 2 three-digit numbers and then put a < , = or > sign in the box.
9. True or False?-Students sort flashcards with equations using < or > onto true and false mats.
10. Waffle War-Students use < > mats to play a war game by reading numbers written in expanded form.
All of these games have an answer recording sheet so you can check for understanding. These games can be used the entire school year to help students practice these important skills. If you use my math units, this unit is coordinated to match my "Mouthwatering Math" unit. You can find that unit in my store.
I hope your students enjoy these great math activities and games!