Also included in
- ELL, ESL, Spanish immersion, dual language, and world language teachers, have you been looking for math brain teasers for your second and third grade students? This bundle of 24 task cards in English and 24 in Spanish will strengthen students' skills in operations and algebraic thinking, as well as$7.60$9.50Save $1.90
- Are you always looking for math challenges for your second grade and third grade students? These two riddle card sets for addition, subtraction, and place value will keep even your most capable learners thinking and having fun!You'll save more than 20% when you buy these resources in this bundle!Her$8.50$10.75Save $2.25
- Get ready for second grade math centers that your students will LOVE! This set of 264 math riddle task cards will fill your math centers with fun activities that your students will want to do again and again!Click on any of the links above to preview the contents of all eleven of the resources inclu$35.80$44.75Save $8.95
Here’s a set of 24 challenging elimination riddles in both printable and PowerPoint versions, designed to practice second grade and third grade addition, subtraction, and place value skills. Students love the fun pirate theme!
If you teach Spanish bilingual, Spanish Immersion, ELL, or ESL, this resource is also available in Spanish! Click here to see it:
Need the riddles in both Spanish and English? Click here to save 20% by purchasing both sets!
Your students will determine the Secret Treasure Number by using a variety of clues to eliminate eight options, choosing from the nine possible answers on each card.
This set includes ...
- 24 riddle cards in color, printed with four cards on each page
- The same 24 cards in black and white, as an option to save your ink
- A 24-page color PowerPoint presentation of the slides for use on your interactive board
- 24 jpegs with one riddle on each page. Although these are not interactive or editable, you'll find them helpful for distance learning! Try building riddle-solving into your Zoom meeting to increase engagement and conversations about numbers. You have my permission to email these jpegs to your students' famiies, individually or in sets that you create according to ability or topic. You may also post these on your password-protected class website.
- A student recording page and answer key, for independent use in a math center or just to make your teacher life a bit easier as your students solve these riddles! :)
The addition, subtraction, and place value skills addressed in this set include …
♦ Add and subtract two-digit numbers, with and without regrouping
♦ Compare numbers using > and < symbols
♦ Distinguish even and odd numbers
♦ Know value of coins and use in adding and subtracting
Here are some options for using this set …
♦ Use in a math center for individual or partner work
♦ Use for whole class review with your document camera
♦ Use as a skills review rotation, with students moving to stations around the
classroom individually or with a partner to solve the riddles
♦ Use for morning “bell ringers”
♦ Use as enrichment or for early finishers
♦ Use the slides as morning work - engage your students right from the start in
fun and productive activities to prepare them for the day!
♦ The slides are a great way to introduce the cards, and to model the critical
thinking skills required to solve them, like identifying key details, making
inferences, and drawing conclusions.
♦ Project a slide to use for something new in daily number talks!
♦ Add place value riddles to your distance learning, as detailed above!
Download the preview to sample four free cards!
This resource is a ZIP file.
Are you looking for more riddle sets like these? Click here to see this growing category!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases page.
Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback greatly - it helps me to improve products and design new resources for your classroom!
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
• Click here to follow my store. You will receive customized email updates whenever I add a new resource to my store. You'll also find an occasional free resource in your TpT Inbox, just to say thanks!☺