Products in this Bundle (3)
Here's a set of 40 games that will take you through a whole year of math centers and independent practice for second grade math!
You'll save more than 20% when you buy these resources bundled here!
Here's what's included in this bundle:
* Thumbs Up Math Games for Second Grade, ten math games that your students will love to play, whether you use them with partners or as a whole class activity. Your students will read numerical expressions like “32+19=52” and “75-38= 47” and decide whether they are true or false, “Thumbs Up!” or “Thumbs Down!”
Here are the topics addressed in this set:
★ Adding 2-digit numbers with no regrouping (2.NBT.5)
★ Adding 2-digit numbers with regrouping (2.NBT.5)
★ Adding 2-digit numbers with regrouping/ no regrouping mixed (2.NBT.5)
★ Add three numbers (1.OA.2)
★ Subtract 2-digit numbers with regrouping/ no regrouping mixed (2.NBT.5)
★ Sequence of numbers within 1000: before, between, after (2.NBT.2)
★ Compare 3-digit numbers using place value (2.NBT.4)
★ Identify fractions (2.G.3)
★ Identify two dimensional and three dimensional shapes (2.G.1)
★ Tell time to five minute intervals (2.MD.7)
*Second Grade Addition and Subtraction Games, 15 one-page easy prep board games (no cards to prepare!) for topics including...
★ Addition and subtraction through 20
★ Adding two and three two-digit numbers through 100, with and without regrouping
★ Missing minuends and subtrahends through 20
★ Adding three numbers using mental math strategies
* Second Grade Place Value Games, 15 more one page games for topics including...
★ Adding and subtracting multiples of ten to two- and three-digit numbers
★ Adding 100 to two- and three-digit numbers
★ Using three digits to create the greatest/least possible number
★ Comparing three-digit numbers using > and <
★ Skip counting to 1,000 by twos, fives, and tens
★ Writing three-digit numbers in expanded form
Although they aren't a digital resource, the 30 addition, subtraction, and place value games are easy to digitize with your favorite apps and programs. Just take a screenshot or print a single page choosing "Print as PDF" and they're ready to use on digital devices! Use them in your classroom, post them on your password-protected classroom website, or send them to families via email. If you're sending home printable packs, you'll be glad to know that blackline versions are also included!
How can you use these games?
* Second grade classroom teachers love these for math centers and math rotations. Many of the games are suitable for independent use in classrooms that are socially distancing.
* Math specialists, math coaches, and math intervention teachers use these one on one or with small groups, a fun and effective way to practice math vocabulary, critical thinking, and mental math. .
* During an online lesson, review a topic by playing a game of Teacher vs. The Class to keep your students engaged!
* Great for early finishers or challenge work in second grade or remediation RtI in third and fourth grade.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about this product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me to improve products and design new resources for your classroom!
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
Click here to follow my store. You will receive customized email updates whenever I list a new resource. You'll also receive an occasional freebie in your TpT Inbox, just to say thanks! ☺