I use this as a way to see how my students are doing on the main concepts taught in CCSS. Assessment includes a page on the following concepts:
1. Telling time to the nearest 5 minutes
2. Addition with and without regrouping
3. Subtraction with and without regrouping
4. Adding basic money amounts and identifying coins.
5. Interpreting a graph.
6. Distinguishing place value of three digit numbers.
7. Solving word problems that involve addition and subtraction.
This is what I would expect my students to be able to do at this point in the year. I usually give this in early January before our report cards go home. I do not include fluency in addition and subtraction on this because I give my students daily time tests to measure that indicator. This is also a great tool to narrow down on student weaknesses and for planning lessons in the future. There is an answer key and a scoring sheet provided with this assessment. Feel free to give this in sections or as one packet or large test. I find it easier to give in sections so that my students aren’t overwhelmed. Happy Assessing!