This Second Grade No Prep Packet for May
contains activities that are fun, engaging, and common core aligned
. Math and literacy activities are included and the common core standard addressed is printed clearly on each page. All activities require NO PREP - just print and go! A table of contents is included.
Packets for September - May are available in my store. The packets build upon each other and increase in difficulty as the year progresses. ALL second grade math and language arts common core standards are addressed!
You can purchase the individual packets here:
Second Grade September / Back to School Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade October / Halloween Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade November / Thanksgiving Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade December / Christmas Common Core Packet
Second Grade January / Winter Common Core Packet
Second Grade February / Valentine's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade March / St. Patrick's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade April / Easter Common Core Packet
Second Grade May / End of School Common Core Packet
Or save BIG with the bundles:
Second Grade Fall Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Winter Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Spring Common Core No Prep Bundle
Get the ALL YEAR bundle here:
Second Grade All Year Common Core No Prep Bundle
Included in this May packet:
*Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Literature) (RL.2.1) – Read a fiction book and answer the questions.
*Making Inferences (RL.2.7) – Use the sentences and illustrations to make inferences.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Informative – Memorial Day) (RI.2.1) - Read an informative text about Memorial Day and answer the questions.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (2) (Biography – Amelia Earhart) (RI.2.1) – Read a biography about Amelia Earhart answer the questions.
*Ancient Egypt Passage (RI.2.10) – Read a passage about ancient Egypt.
*Key Idea: Gardens (RI.2.10) – Read the passage about gardening. Use the passage and the illustrations to answer comprehension questions.
*How Do You Spell It? (RF.2.3) – Circle the correct spelling for each word.
*Sight Word Search (RF.2.3.F) – Find the sight words in the word search.
*Book Log (RF.2.4.A) – Record the fiction and nonfiction books you read this month. This resource can be used for every month.
* Opinion Writing (2) (W.2.1) – Write to answer the questions – includes 2 (What is the best Mother’s Day gift? And Should school be year-round?)
* Informative Writing (2) (W.2.2) – Write 2 informative pieces (How to Fly a Kite and the Frog Lifecycle)
* Narrative Writing (W.2.3) – Write 2 narratives (My Best Summer Memory and A Story of Your Choice (fictional))
*Key Ideas (W.2.8) – Determine three key points for each writing topic.
*Summer Vacation Discussion (SL.2.1.B) – Discuss your summer vacation plans with your classmates. Record their answers and your responses.
*Read and Ask (SL.2.1.C) – Read a book with a friend, then ask and discuss comprehension questions.
*Complete Sentences (SL.2.6) – Respond to the questions in complete sentences.
*Compound Sentences (L.2.1.F) – Combine two simple sentences into one compound sentence.
* Expand It! (L.2.1.F) – Expand the sentences to make them more exciting.
* Proofreading Practice (L.2.2) – Proofread and rewrite a letter.
* Capitalization (L.2.2.A) – Rewrite the sentences using capitals correctly.
*Dear Mom (L.2.2.B) – Write a letter to your mom. Practice using commas in the greeting and closing.
*Apostrophes (L.2.2.C) – Add the missing apostrophe(s) to each sentence.
*Language Conventions (L.2.3) – Write an appropriate response for each situation.
*Define It (L.2.4.A) – Use context clues to define the underlined word in each sentence.
*Draw It (L.2.4.D) – Draw pictures of each compound word.
*Look It Up (L.2.4.E) – Use a dictionary to look up and record the definition of each word.
*Nuances (L.2.5) – Give synonyms for each word. Describe the differences between the words.
*Finish That Phrase (L.2.6) – Finish common phrases and explain their meanings.
* Addition Fact Practice (2.OA.2) – Answer the addition problems quickly.
* Subtraction Fact Practice (2..OA.2) - Answer the subtraction problems quickly.
*Matching Sums (2.OA.2) – Solve the addition problems and draw lines to match sums.
* Odd and Even Flowers (2.OA.3) – Color the flowers according to odd or even numbers.
*One Hundred Is… (2.NBT.1.A) – Show 100 as a bundle of ten tens. Record different ways to group 100.
* Double Digit Addition (2.NBT.5)
* Double Digit Subtraction (2.NBT.5)
*Break the Code Addition (2.NBT.5) – Use the code to solve the picture addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Addition (2.NBT.7) – Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Subtraction (2.NBT.7) - Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit subtraction problems.
*Adding and Subtracting 10 and 100 (2.NBT.8) – Add and subtract 10 and 100 from each number.
*Number Puzzles (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the missing numbers on segments of a number grid.
*Measurement Word Problems (2.MD.5) – Solve the word problems involving measurement.
*Plot the Number Line (2.MD.6) – Fill in the missing numbers (counting by 1s, 5s, 10s, 100s, or 1000s) on each number line.
*Draw the Time (2.MD.7) – Draw the hand to show the time on each clock.
* Price Check (2.MD.8) – Count the money and determine if there is enough to purchase a given item.
*Measure and Plot (2.MD.9) – Measure the lines and plot the measurements on the number line.
*Drawing With Shapes (2.G.1) – Draw real life objects with the given shapes.
I hope you enjoy this packet and find it useful and engaging for your students. Please message me with any questions. Enjoy!
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Or find me at Kendra's Kindergarten