This is a 3 week measurement unit is filled with second grade measurement worksheets and activities.
It explores the following CCSS:
- 2.MD.A.1: Measure the length of an object by selecting and using appropriate tools such as rulers, yardsticks, meter sticks, and measuring tapes.
- 2.MD.A.2: Measure the length of an object twice, using length units of different lengths for the two measurements; describe how the two measurements relate to the size of the unit chosen.
- 2.MD.A.3: Estimate lengths using units of inches, feet, centimeters, and meters.
- 2.MD.A.4: Measure to determine how much longer one object is than another, expressing the length difference in terms of a standard length unit.
- 2.MD.A.5: Generate measurement data by measuring lengths of several objects to the nearest whole unit, or by making repeated measurements of the same object. Show the measurements by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in whole-number units.
The unit is planned for 14 days and includes many hands-on activities. This is intended for second graders, but could also be applicable to first graders as well.
Check Out My Other Second Grade Math Units:
- Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction to 1000
- Word Problems
- Data & Graphing
- BUNDLE All Nine Units!