PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource includes everything you need to teach the second grade NGSS 2-ESS1 Earth's Place in the Universe and 2-ESS2 Earth's Systems..
What others are saying about our science units:
"Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!"
"This is a great resource and very well organized!"
"Love how well this aligns with NGSS!"
Lessons in this unit:
✅Please note: You will need access to YouTube as there are many suggestions for videos in these lessons.
Lesson 1 - Natural Events that Change the Earth Quickly
Lesson 2 - Natural Events that Change the Earth Slowly
Lesson 3 - Review of Quick and Slow Changes
Lesson 4 - What are Landforms?
Lesson 5 - Where is Water on Earth?
Lesson 6 - Develop a Model to Represent the Shapes and Kinds of Land and Bodies
of Water in Your State
Lesson 7 - STEM Challenge: Design a Solution to Prevent Water from Changing the
Shape of the Land
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- suggested YouTube Videos and Books
- Geologist Poster
- KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
- student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
- Natural Disasters Poster
- Natural Disasters Flipbook
- Elephant Toothpaste Experiment
- Weathering Reading Passage
- Weathering Activity and Questions
- Erosion Reading Passage and Questions
- Erosion Activities
- Weather/Erosion Venn Diagram
- 14 Photographs of Weathering and Erosion
- Task Cards with Information about Natural Events that Change the Surface of the
- Landforms Booklet
- Landforms Matching Task Cards
- Flipbook- Earth's Water in Three States of Matter and Posters
- Rain in a Bottle Experiment
- engineering and design process posters
- 20 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
If you like this you might enjoy:
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.