Also included in
- Now available in TpT digital format! You need to access the individual product pages to get access to the digital formate at this time. SAVE LOTS OF TIME, ENERGY, and MONEY when you buy this BUNDLE! These 2nd-grade science lesson plans contain all the ideas you will need!What others are saying abo$42.00$48.00Save $6.00
- Looking for a teacher-friendly elementary science curriculum? This Next Generation Science resource will make planning your science lessons a snap! SAVE LOTS OF TIME, ENERGY, and MONEY when you buy this BUNDLE! All the ideas you need to teach Kindergarten to third Grade NGSS are in these units.Wha$150.00$190.00Save $40.00
This resource is TpT digital-ready! These 2nd grade lesson plans include everything you need to teach the 2nd grade NGSS 2-LS2 Ecosystems and Interactions Energy and Dynamics and 2-LS4 Biological Evolution Unity and Diversity.
What others are saying about our science units:
"Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!"
"This is a great resource and very well organized!"
"Love how well this aligns with NGSS!"
Lessons in this unit:
✅Please note: You will need access to YouTube as there are many suggestions for videos in these lessons.
Lesson 1 - What are the Needs of All Living Things?
Lesson 2 - Do Plants Need to Have Water and Sunlight to Grow?
Lesson 3 - What is a Habitat?
Lesson 4 - Observing Plants and Animals in Different Habitats to Compare Their
Lesson 5 - What is Seed Dispersal and How are Seeds Dispersed?
Lesson 6 - What is Pollination and What Animals Help with Pollination?
Lesson 7 - STEM Challenge: Create a Model the Mimics the Function of an Animal
Dispersing Seeds or Pollinating Plants
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- suggested YouTube Videos and Books
- Biologist Poster
- KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
- student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
- Living Things Poster
- Plant reinforcement readings and worksheets
- Habitat Posters with real pictures
- "My Habitats" Booklet
- "Mini Habitats" Posters (tree, rotting log, stream, and pond)
- Task cards for reading about 4 different plants and 4 different animals in each of
6 different habitats
- Habitat compare/contrast activity
- Plant Life Cycle sheet
- Seed Experiment
- Seed Dispersal Experiment
- Seed picture cards
- Meet Some Plant Pollinators reading passages and questions
- Engineering and design process posters
- Instructions for a STEM Challenge
- 15 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
If you like this you might really enjoy:
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.