This resource includes everything you need to teach the second grade NGSS 2-LS2 Ecosystems and Interactions Energy and Dynamics and 2-LS4 Biological Evolution Unity and Diversity.
What others are saying about our science units:"Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!""This is a great resource and very well organized!""Love how well this aligns with NGSS!"
Lessons in this unit:
*Please note: You will need access to YouTube as there are many suggestions for videos in these lessons.
Lesson 1 - What are the Needs of All Living Things?
Lesson 2 - Do Plants Need to Have Water and Sunlight to Grow?
Lesson 3 - What is a Habitat?
Lesson 4 - Observing Plants and Animals in Different Habitats to Compare Their
Lesson 5 - What is Seed Dispersal and How are Seeds Dispersed?
Lesson 6 - What is Pollination and What Animals Help with Pollination?
Lesson 7 - STEM Challenge: Create a Model the Mimics the Function of an Animal
Dispersing Seeds or Pollinating Plants
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- suggested YouTube Videos and Books
- Biologist Poster
- KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
- student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
- Living Things Poster
- Plant reinforcement readings and worksheets
- Habitat Posters with real pictures
- "My Habitats" Booklet
- "Mini Habitats" Posters (tree, rotting log, stream, and pond)
- Task cards for reading about 4 different plants and 4 different animals in each of
6 different habitats
- Habitat compare/contrast activity
- Plant Life Cycle sheet
- Seed Experiment
- Seed Dispersal Experiment
- Seed picture cards
- Meet Some Plant Pollinators reading passages and questions
- Engineering and design process posters
- Instructions for a STEM Challenge
- 15 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
If you like this you might really enjoy:
Second Grade NGSS 2-ESS1 Earth's Place in the Universe and ESS2 Earth's Systems
Second Grade NGSS 2-PS1 Matter and its Interactions
☀️ MATTER: Structure and Properties SCOOT GAME!
☀️ MATTER: Science Scenes Writing Prompts and Vocabulary Cards for Centers
☀️ MATTER: Making Ice Cream
☀️ MATTER: Making Butter
☀️ Accountable Talk Posters for the Science Lab
☀️ Build a Bridge Activity
☀️ Properties of Solids with STEM Tower Building Challenge
☀️ STEM Challenges with Informational Readings Bundle for Primary Grades
☀️ STEM Little Innovators Classroom Decor
☀️ Scientist Character Traits
☀️ Tower Building Challenges and Recording Sheets
☀️ What is STEM? A Parent HandoutCustomer Tips:
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.
Be the first to know about Stem to Steam Trio’s new products and discounts:
*Look for the green star next to our store logo and click it to become a follower!