This resource includes everything you need to teach the second grade NGSS 2-LS2 Ecosystems and Interactions Energy and Dynamics and 2-LS4 Biological Evolution Unity and Diversity.
What others are saying about our science units:
"Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!"
"This is a great resource and very well organized!"
"Love how well this aligns with NGSS!"
Lessons in this unit:
✅Please note: You will need access to YouTube as there are many suggestions for videos in these lessons.
Lesson 1 - What are the Needs of All Living Things?
Lesson 2 - Do Plants Need to Have Water and Sunlight to Grow?
Lesson 3 - What is a Habitat?
Lesson 4 - Observing Plants and Animals in Different Habitats to Compare Their
Lesson 5 - What is Seed Dispersal and How are Seeds Dispersed?
Lesson 6 - What is Pollination and What Animals Help with Pollination?
Lesson 7 - STEM Challenge: Create a Model the Mimics the Function of an Animal
Dispersing Seeds or Pollinating Plants
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- suggested YouTube Videos and Books
- Biologist Poster
- KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
- student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
- Living Things Poster
- Plant reinforcement readings and worksheets
- Habitat Posters with real pictures
- "My Habitats" Booklet
- "Mini Habitats" Posters (tree, rotting log, stream, and pond)
- Task cards for reading about 4 different plants and 4 different animals in each of
6 different habitats
- Habitat compare/contrast activity
- Plant Life Cycle sheet
- Seed Experiment
- Seed Dispersal Experiment
- Seed picture cards
- Meet Some Plant Pollinators reading passages and questions
- Engineering and design process posters
- Instructions for a STEM Challenge
- 15 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
If you like this you might really enjoy:
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.