PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource includes everything you need to teach the second grade NGSS 2-PS1 Matter and its Interactions.
What others are saying about our science units:
"Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!"
"This is a great resource and very well organized!"
"Love how well this aligns with NGSS!"
✅Please make sure you have access to YouTube. There are many suggested videos.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 - What is Matter?
Lesson 2 - The Three States of Matter and Introduction to Properties of Matter
Lesson 3 - More Properties of Matter: Liquids and Gases
Lesson 4 - Solids, Liquids, and Gases Review
Lesson 5 - Examining Different Materials
Lesson 6 - What is Mass?
Lesson 7 - Testing for Absorbency
Lesson 8 - Changing States of Matter
Lesson 9 - A Small Set of Objects Can Be Disassembled and Made into a New Object
Lesson 10 - STEM Challenge: Which Material Works the Best for Making the Tallest
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- suggested YouTube Videos and Books
- Materials Scientist Poster
- KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
- What is Matter Poster Set
- Matter Booklet for Students
- student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
- three science experiments
- Materials sorting cards and headers
- Physical and Chemical Changes poster and sorting cards
- engineering and design process posters
- 27 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
If you like this, you might enjoy:
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.