Looking for great mentor texts to use with your students so you can lift the level of their narrative writing? This resource contains grade level specific lists of personal narrative/small moment mentor texts to use when studying the narrative craft, a week’s worth of narrative craft mini-lessons, graphic organizers and more.
• Grade level specific lists of personal narrative texts
• 5 narrative craft inquiry mini-lessons aligned to the following title: Roller Coaster by Marla Frazee.
• Editable narrative writing inquiry mini-lesson template
• Anchor Charts to study narrative craft moves
• Post-its targeting narrative writing teaching targets
• Suggestions for choosing a narrative mentor text
• Suggestions for using a narrative mentor text
• Conferring suggestions aligned to conventions and qualities of narrative writing
• Key points to discuss with students when studying narrative writing mentors
• Easy to follow steps to use when teaching narrative writing with a mentor text
Read more about writing workshop at my teacher tips section on my blog Pure Literacy.com