This Second Grade No Prep Packet for October
contains activities that are fun, engaging, and common core aligned
. Math and literacy activities are included and the common core standard addressed is printed clearly on each page. All activities require NO PREP - just print and go! A table of contents is included.
Packets for September - May are available in my store. The packets build upon each other and increase in difficulty as the year progresses. ALL second grade math and language arts common core standards are addressed!
You can purchase the individual packets here:
Second Grade September / Back to School Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade October / Halloween Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade November / Thanksgiving Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade December / Christmas Common Core Packet
Second Grade January / Winter Common Core Packet
Second Grade February / Valentine's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade March / St. Patrick's Day Common Core Packet
Second Grade April / Easter Common Core Packet
Second Grade May / End of School Common Core Packet
Or save BIG with the bundles:
Second Grade Fall Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Winter Common Core No Prep Bundle
Second Grade Spring Common Core No Prep Bundle
Get the ALL YEAR bundle here:
Second Grade All Year Common Core No Prep Bundle
Included in this October packet:
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Literature) (RL.2.1) – Read a scary fiction book and answer the questions.
* The Empty Pot Folktale Comprehension (RL.2.2) – Read the folktale and determine it’s lesson.
* Halloween Poem (RL.2.4) – Read the poem, practice fluency, find the alliteration.
* Plot Diagram (RL.2.5) – Read a book and fill in the diagram to show the beginning, rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Biography – Christopher Columbus) (RI.2.1) – Read a biography about Christopher Columbus and answer the questions.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Informative - Pumpkins) (RI.2.1) - Read an informative text about how pumpkins grow and answer the questions.
* Main Topic and Focus (RI.2.2) – Determine the main topic of a text and the focus of each paragraph.
*Christopher Columbus: Making Connections (RI.2.3) – Read the passage about Christopher Columbus and answer the comprehension questions, making connections between historical events.
*Points and Reasons (RI.2.8) – Read the passages and determine the author’s point and the reasons that support it.
* Decoding Practice (RF.2.3.C) – Practice decoding the 2-syllable long vowel words.
* Suffixes (RF.2.3.D) – Read the chart to learn about suffixes and decode words with common suffixes.
*Sight Word Search (RF.2.3.F) - Complete a word search to find the sight words.
* Fluency Passage (RF.2.4.B) – Read the passage about the Halloween to practice fluency.
* Opinion Writing (2) (W.2.1) – Write to answer the questions – includes 2 (What should your teacher be for Halloween? and What should you do with your Halloween candy?)
* Informative Writing (2) (W.2.2) – Write 2 informative pieces (How to Trick-or-Treat and Halloween)
* Narrative Writing (W.2.3) – Write 2 narratives (Our Halloween Party and Our Field Trip)
*Editors Checklists (3) (W.2.5) – Use the checklists to edit (or have someone else edit) your opinion, informative, or narrative writing.
* Best Part of Halloween Discussion (SL.2.1.B) – Discuss the topic with your classmates. Record their answers and your response to them.
* Fire Safety Oral Presentation (SL.2.3) – Ask and answer questions following a fire safety presentation.
*Collective Nouns (L.2.1.A) – Determine the correct collective noun for each group.
* Adjectives (L.2.1.E) – Complete the sentences by adding adjectives.
* Expand It! (L.2.1.F) – Expand the sentences to make them more exciting.
* Proofreading Practice (L.2.2) – Proofread and rewrite a letter.
* Capitalization (L.2.2.A) – Rewrite the sentences using capitals correctly.
* Word Problems (2.OA.1) – Use addition and subtraction to solve the word problems.
* Addition Fact Practice (2.OA.2) – Answer the addition problems quickly.
* Subtraction Fact Practice (2..OA.2) - Answer the subtraction problems quickly.
* Comparing Number Sentences (2.OA.2) – Solve the number sentences and compare sums.
* Odd and Even Pumpkins (2.OA.3) – Color the pumpkins according to odd or even numbers..
* Rectangular Arrays (2.OA.4) – Use same-addend addition sentences to show the arrays.
* Skip Count by 10s (2.NBT.2) – Skip count by 10 to reach 1000.
* Write It 2 Ways (2.NBT.3) – Write numbers in expanded form and word form.
* What's the Number? (2.NBT.3) – Write the written numbers in numeric form.
* Comparing 3-Digit Numbers (2.NBT.4) – Use <, >, or = to compare 3-digit numbers.
* Double Digit Addition (2.NBT.5)
* Double Digit Subtraction (2.NBT.5)
*Adding 3 Numbers (2.NBT.6) – Use tens and ones to add three 2-digit numbers.
* Roll and Solve Addition (2.NBT.7) – Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Subtraction (2.NBT.7) - Roll the dice and solve the triple-digit subtraction problems.
*Adding and Subtracting 10 and 100 (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the chard to add/subtract 10 and 100 from the given 3-digit number.
* Estimate Length and Height (Feet) (2.MD.3) – Circle the best estimate for the length or height of a given object.
* Write the Time (2.MD.7) – Practice telling time to the hour and half hour.
* Halloween Costume Graph (2.MD.10) – Create and interpret a graph about Halloween Costumes.
* Identifying Shapes (Quadrilaterals and Pentagons) (2.G.1) – Identify the shapes and describe their defining attributes.
* Color the Fractions (2.G.3) – Color the shapes to show the given fractions (halves, thirds, and fourths)
I hope you enjoy this packet and find it useful and engaging for your students. Please message me with any questions. Enjoy!
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Or find me at Kendra's Kindergarten