Also included in
- Writing for the Year! This MEGA bundle is perfect for writing lessons, literacy centers, and Writer's Workshop. This bundle includes 7 products which will help you to teach procedure, informative, narrative, and opinion writing for students in Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade.Reasons to bPrice $19.99Original Price $28.99Save $9.00
- Are you looking for 2nd grade writing prompts? You'll love these opinion writing, narrative writing, how to writing, and informational writing worksheets for no prep writing centers and writing lessons.This bundle will ensure that you have writing covered for the whole year! It features 4 resourcesPrice $12.50Original Price $18.00Save $5.50
- Are you about to teach persuasive or opinion writing? This NO PREP bundle is exactly what you need for fun, engaging, and enjoyable opinion writing lessons. It features a PowerPoint, worksheets, and crafts.What is included? (Please view previews)A 20 slide PowerPoint.It is a great introduction to PePrice $13.99Original Price $17.00Save $3.01
These opinion writing prompts are a must-have for teaching persuasive writing. These opinion writing worksheets are no prep and perfect for 2nd grade writing lessons or writing centers.
This is a year's worth of worksheets that includes student friendly and seasonal topics (so that students can have fun writing opinion pieces throughout the school year, e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter)!
*NOTE - This activity has the Easel digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
These opinion writing worksheets are common core aligned to the grade 2 writing standard:
Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a concluding statement or section.
Note: These worksheets can still be used for third graders who are working below their grade level.
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded/picture based, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
- The Best Animal
- The Best Insect
- The Best Christmas Treat
- The Best Season
- The Best Sport
- The Best _______ (Blank Template)
- Do You Prefer Butterflies or Ladybugs?
- Do You Prefer Rain or Snow?
- Do You Prefer Summer or Winter?
- Do You Prefer Birthdays or Halloween?
- Do You Prefer Easter or Christmas?
- Do You Prefer_______? (Blank Template)
- Would You Rather...be the teacher or the student?
- Would You Rather...be strong or be able to fly?
- Would You Rather...be a mermaid or a leprechaun?
- Would You Rather...play basketball or soccer?
- Would You Rather...be a dinosaur or a lion?
- Would You Rather_______? (Blank Template)
- My Favorite Candy
- My Favorite Dessert
- My Favorite Junk Food
- My Favorite Fruit
- My Favorite Drink
- My Favorite_______(Blank Template)
- Which Is Better...cats or dogs?
- Which Is Better...reading or playing sport?
- Which Is Better...sand or snow?
- Which Is Better...spring or autumn?
- Which Is Better...doughnuts or sundaes?
- Which Is Better_______? (Blank Template)
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer's Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)