Also included in
- Writing for the Year! This MEGA BUNDLE is perfect for Literacy lessons, Literacy centers, and Writer's Workshop. This bundle includes 7 products which will help you to teach procedure, informative, narrative, and opinion writing for students in Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade.Reasons to$19.99$27.48Save $7.49
- This bundle will ensure that you have writing covered for the whole year! It features three resources (with a total of 90 writing prompts/worksheets) that cover the three common core standards for Opinion, Narrative, and Procedure writing. These no prep worksheets are perfect for writing lessons or$10.50$13.50Save $3.00
- Are you about to teach persuasive or opinion writing? This NO PREP bundle is exactly what you need for fun, engaging, and enjoyable opinion writing lessons. It features a PowerPoint, worksheets, and crafts.What is included? (Please view previews)A 20 slide PowerPoint.It is a great introduction to Pe$13.99$17.00Save $3.01
This resource is a must-have for teaching Opinion or Persuasive Writing. It is no prep and perfect for Literacy and Writing lessons or centers! This is a year's worth of worksheets that includes student friendly and also seasonal topics (so that students can have fun writing opinion pieces throughout the school year, e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter)!
*NOTE - This activity has the digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
It is common core aligned to the Second Grade Writing Standard:
Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a concluding statement or section.
Note: These worksheets can be used for First Grade students, depending on their capabilities.
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded/picture based, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
- The Best Animal
- The Best Insect
- The Best Christmas Treat
- The Best Season
- The Best Sport
- The Best _______ (Blank Template)
- Do You Prefer Butterflies or Ladybugs?
- Do You Prefer Rain or Snow?
- Do You Prefer Summer or Winter?
- Do You Prefer Birthdays or Halloween?
- Do You Prefer Easter or Christmas?
- Do You Prefer_______? (Blank Template)
- Would You Rather...be the teacher or the student?
- Would You Rather...be strong or be able to fly?
- Would You Rather...be a mermaid or a leprechaun?
- Would You Rather...play basketball or soccer?
- Would You Rather...be a dinosaur or a lion?
- Would You Rather_______? (Blank Template)
- My Favorite Candy
- My Favorite Dessert
- My Favorite Junk Food
- My Favorite Fruit
- My Favorite Drink
- My Favorite_______(Blank Template)
- Which Is Better...cats or dogs?
- Which Is Better...reading or playing sport?
- Which Is Better...sand or snow?
- Which Is Better...spring or autumn?
- Which Is Better...doughnuts or sundaes?
- Which Is Better_______? (Blank Template)
- Whole Class Explicit Teaching
- Small Group work
- Literacy Centers/Writer's Workshop
- Independent Practise
- Early Finishers
At first glance, this product may seem ‘easy’ for the grade it is advertised for. This product is not meant to be pages full of writing lines. It is a scaffolded approach to teaching writing, with word prompts, as well as clip art and drawing boxes in order to be engaging. It is perfect for students who are struggling with writing or first learning the concept. This product is not for you if you are looking for prompts and full pages of writing lines. This product is intended to help teach and scaffold the writing skill, not to be pages full of lines in which students write completely on their own.
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)
Check out the sister products:
Or grab the bundle and save $$