Five space themed place value centers and activities, plus recording sheets for the centers and a final assessment. This is a great addition to your place value unit! It hits expanding numbers, understanding base ten, comparing numbers and place value.
Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones
Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
Compare two three-digit numbers based on meanings of the hundreds, tens, and ones digits, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
- Who Has More - This is a partner game. Make one stack of all the spaceships and one of all the astronauts to begin. Flip one card over at a time, whoever’s card has the most value wins and puts the extra cards in the bottom of their pile. The game keeps going until someone runs out of cards
-Alien vs. Astronaut - Help the alien find their astronaut friend! Be sure to record your answer, the picture and try writing the expanded form as well.
- Find the Spaceship - Help the aliens find their spaceships! Match the correct alien with his spaceship then record your answer, then confirm with a picture!
- Land the Spaceship - Help the spaceship land on the right planet! Match the spaceship to the correct written form, then record your answers and draw a picture to go with!
- Picture Place Value - Use place value blocks to build each number, then record the answer with a picture on the recording sheet!
- Pre & Post Quizzes - These are pre and post quizzes, assessing knowledge of expanded form, place value, comparing numbers, and understanding base ten.
- Final Assessment - This is a final assessment, assessing knowledge of expanded form, place value, comparing numbers, and understanding base ten.
Teaching place value? Check out my product for a unit plan and more resources for understanding place value here:
If you like what you see, check out my second grade math center bundle as well: Second Grade Common Core Math Centers BUNDLE
Check out each set of centers separately below: