These mini books will allow students to practice the weekly Wonders vocabulary strategy. The predictable format is designed to give students practice with vocabulary strategies in multiple ways, including blending, segmenting, and reading words. Answer keys included!
Each mini book includes a variation of the following activities:
- Circle It! Students will identify a specific part of a word or sentence (Prefixes, suffixes, multiple meaning words).
- Combine It! Students will combine a Prefix/Suffix with a corresponding root word. to make a new word.
- Fill it In! Students will use the alternate meaning of an underlined word in their own written sentence.
- Read It! Students will read a story and identify the words with the specific vocabulary strategy of the week.
The picture on the cover of the mini book is reflective of the story theme.
Vocabulary strategies included in Reading Wonders Unit 2:
Week 1: Prefixes
Week 2: Suffixes
Week 3: Suffixes
Week 4: Multiple Meaning Words
Week 5: Multiple Meaning Words
Simply print and fold along the dotted line! Use these mini books for small groups instruction, peer/partner reading, Read to Self, in independent literacy centers... the possibilities are endless!
Thank you kindly for following along with me on TpT! I truly appreciate your feedback.
Miss Clark's Spoonful
Earn TPT credits to use on future purchases! Here's how:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a brief comment about the product.