Also included in
- Now available in TpT digital format! You need to access the individual product pages to get access to the digital formate at this time. SAVE LOTS OF TIME, ENERGY, and MONEY when you buy this BUNDLE! These 2nd-grade science lesson plans contain all the ideas you will need!What others are saying abo$31.00$48.00Save $17.00
- Looking for a teacher-friendly elementary science curriculum? This Next Generation Science resource will make planning your science lessons a snap! SAVE LOTS OF TIME, ENERGY, and MONEY when you buy this BUNDLE! All the ideas you need to teach Kindergarten to third Grade NGSS are in these units.Wha$150.00$190.00Save $40.00
This resource is now available in the TpT digital format and ready for distance learning. These second-grade lesson plans include everything you need to teach the second-grade NGSS 2-PS1 Matter and its Interactions.
What others are saying about our science units:
"Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!"
"This is a great resource and very well organized!"
"Love how well this aligns with NGSS!"
✅Please make sure you have access to YouTube. There are many suggested videos.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 - What is Matter?
Lesson 2 - The Three States of Matter and Introduction to Properties of Matter
Lesson 3 - More Properties of Matter: Liquids and Gases
Lesson 4 - Solids, Liquids, and Gases Review
Lesson 5 - Examining Different Materials
Lesson 6 - What is Mass?
Lesson 7 - Testing for Absorbency
Lesson 8 - Changing States of Matter
Lesson 9 - A Small Set of Objects Can Be Disassembled and Made into a New Object
Lesson 10 - STEM Challenge: Which Material Works the Best for Making the Tallest
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- suggested YouTube Videos and Books
- Materials Scientist Poster
- KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
- What is Matter Poster Set
- Matter Booklet for Students
- student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
- three science experiments
- Materials sorting cards and headers
- Physical and Chemical Changes poster and sorting cards
- engineering and design process posters
- 27 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
If you like this, you might enjoy:
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.