This Second Grade No Prep Packet for September
contains activities that are fun, engaging, and common core aligned
. Math and literacy activities are included and the common core standard addressed is printed clearly on each page. All activities require NO PREP - just print and go!
Packets for October - December are in my store now. Packets for January – May are on the way. All packets will build upon each other and increase in difficulty as the second grade year progresses. Every single Second Grade Common Core Standard will be addressed!
Included in this packet:
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Literature) (RL.2.1) – Read a fiction book and answer the questions.
* Back to School Poem (RL.2.4) – Read the poem, practice fluency, find the repeating lines.
* Comparing Characters (RL.2.6) – Use a Venn Diagram to compare two characters.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Informative) (RI.2.1) - Read an informative text and answer the questions.
* Who, What Where, When, Why & How (Biography) (RI.2.1) – Ready a biography and answer the questions.
* Main Topic and Focus (RI.2.2) – Determine the main topic of a text and the focus of each paragraph.
* How Do You Spell It? (RF.2.3) – Choose the correct spelling for the long vowel words.
* Short and Long Vowel Sort (RF.2.3.A) – Sort the words by vowel sound.
* Vowel Teams (RF.2.3.B) – Choose the correct vowel team to spell each word.
* Prefixes (RF.2.3.D) – Read the chart to learn about prefixes and decode words with common prefixes.
* Sight Word Search (RF.2.F) – Search for 2nd grade sight words.
* Fluency Passage (RF.2.4.B) – Read the passage about the first day of second grade to practice fluency.
* Opinion Writing (2) (W.2.1) – Write to answer the questions – includes 2 (Should summer vacation be longer? And Should you get to choose your own seat?)
* Informative Writing (2) (W.2.2) – Write 2 informative pieces (All About Second Grade and How to Make Apple Pie)
* Narrative Writing (W.2.3) – Write 2 narratives (The Firs Day of School and My Summer Vacation)
* Best Part of Second Grade Discussion (SL.2.1.B)
* Guest Speak Follow Up (SL.2.3) – Ask questions following a guest speaker.
* Adjectives (L.2.1.E) – Complete the sentences by adding adjectives.
* Expand It! (L.2.1.F) – Expand the sentences to make them more exciting.
* Proofreading Practice (L.2.2) – Proofread and rewrite a letter.
* Capitalization (L.2.2.A) – Rewrite the sentences using capitals correctly.
* Contractions (L.2.2.C) – Rewrite the sentences using contractions.
* Past Tense (L.2.2.D) – Change the sentences to past tense (irregular verbs).
* Word Problems (2.OA.1) – Use addition and subtraction to solve the word problems.
* Addition Fact Practice (2.OA.2) – Answer the addition problems quickly.
* Subtraction Fact Practice (2..OA.2) - Answer the subtraction problems quickly.
* Comparing Number Sentences (2.OA.2) – Solve the number sentences and compare sums.
* Odd and Even Apples (2.OA.3) – Color the apples according to odd or even numbers.
* Odd or Even? (2.OA.3) – Determine if a group has an odd or even amount of objects.
* Rectangular Arrays (2.OA.4) – Use same-addend addition sentences to show the arrays.
* Building With Base Ten Blocks (2.NBT.1) – Use place value to show the numbers with base ten blocks.
* Place Value (2.NBT.1) – Show how many hundreds, tens, and ones.
* Find the Missing Numbers (2.NBT.2) – Write numbers to 1000 in order.
* What's the Number? (2.NBT.3) – Write the written numbers in numeric form.
* Write It 2 Ways (2.NBT.3) – Write numbers in expanded form and word form.
* Comparing 3-Digit Numbers (2.NBT.4) – Use <, >, or = to compare 3-digit numbers.
* Roll and Solve Addition (2.NBT.5) – Roll the dice and solve the double-digit addition problems.
* Roll and Solve Subtraction (2.NBT.5) - Roll the dice and solve the double-digit subtraction problems.
* Double Digit Addition (2.NBT.5)
* Double Digit Subtraction (2.NBT.5)
* More or Less (2.NBT.8) – Fill in the number grid puzzles to show 10 more, 10 less, 1 more, and 1 less.
* Measuring With a Ruler (2.MD.1) – Measure with a ruler to show how many inches each object is.
* Estimate Length (Inches) (2.MD.3) – Circle the best estimate for the length of a given object.
* Write the Time (2.MD.7) – Practice telling time to the hour.
* Second Grade Graph (2.MD.10) – Create and interpret a graph about second grade.
* Identifying Shapes (Triangles and Hexagons) (2.G.1) – Identify the shapes and describe their defining attributes.
* Color the Fractions (2.G.3) – Color the shapes to show the given fractions (halves, thirds, and fourths)
Get the October, November, and December Packets here:
Second Grade October / Halloween Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade November / Thanksgiving Common Core No Prep Packet
Second Grade December / Christmas Common Core No Prep Packet
Or save big with the Fall Bundle!:
Second Grade Fall Common Core No Prep Bundle
I hope you enjoy this packet and find it useful and engaging for your students. Please message me with any questions. Enjoy!
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Or find me at Kendra's Kindergarten