Teach second-person point of view with this exciting, historical fiction story in which students are the main character and help direct the storyline! This product is organized into task cards that students will choose and read as they make various decisions along their immigration journey, in the style of a Choose Your Own Adventure™. Your students will experience steerage conditions and second class accommodations for immigrants to the United States in the early 1900s.
Want to experience the same journey from a different point of view? Click here to save 20% on the Point of View Historical Fiction BUNDLE!
This product includes:
1. A printable PDF version (21 pages)
- Title Page
- Historical Fiction Story on Task Cards-Across the Ocean
- Student response pages
- Writing extension
- Accompanying answer key
- 1.5-page teacher guide for story implementation in the classroom
- Thank-you pages with copyright information
To read about this same voyage from a different point of view, check out:
• First Person: Immigration Investigator On Board the S.S. Cleveland (Steerage)
• Third Person Limited: An Italian Immigrant-A Day on the S.S. Cleveland (Steerage)
• Third Person Omniscient: A Jewish Immigrant-Hope on the S.S. Cleveland (2nd Class)
• Second/Third Person Limited: A Swedish Immigrant-Luxury on the S.S. Cleveland (1st Class)
Feel free to contact us with questions. Click the green star at the top of the page to follow us for the latest story releases. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and earns you free TPT points toward future purchases!