Never ask “What to do?” again on a sick day for your secondary choirs. This Secondary Choir Substitute Pack
has 8 different activities but enough for 18 potential absences. That will cover you for the year: sick days, personal days, professional days, or I've got to take a group somewhere days at less than $1 a day! All activities come with suggestions on how to use, an answer key as needed, and can be copied in advance so your sub folder is all set. No music sub needed. Here is what is included:
• Melody Flip
– With four to choose from, you can decide how many to do at a time. Students are given a melody, but it has been switched up. Students need to follow the directions and re-write the melody and try to figure out what it is. Great for notation practice.
• Similarities and Differences
– Using a Venn Diagram, students need to find musical items that are the same and different between two songs. Use this with your winter and spring repertoire for twice the use!
• Composer Word Search #1 & #2
– Basic, but great to combine with another activity and uses composer names from songs of today.
• The Best Rehearsal Ever & The Worst Thing Comics
– Let your student’s creative side come out as they create scenarios in comic form. A comic template is given along with directions encouraging students to make a sequential action comic.
• Mid-Year Wall Makeover
– Walls kind of blah? Put your students to work creating new wall art. 30 music suggestions are given which students can select to design their poster. Use this a couple of times a year to freshen up your room.
• Create Your Next Quiz
– Let students help you design your next quiz, daily board work, or review sheet. A template is given that will work with your curriculum. Students plug in the questions and answers using different quizzing methods. Use this throughout the year to keep your review fresh.
• Concert Program Cover Contest
– Get rid of clip art and use student art instead! Give your students a theme to draw a concert cover in the frame. Select the best ones to use at your next program. Kids love seeing their work on the front!
• Search the Song
- Students literally search the song for all sorts of musical items. No matter what song you choose, I bet you can find all 30 items, but it’s going to take some searching!
Short on time? You might also like:
89 Choir & Music Do Now, Bell Ringers, and Daily Board Work Activities52 Choir Warm Ups Deck of CardsI Declare Music (I, II, or III)
Connect with Olivia