Seconds into Second Grade is a bundle made especially for Second Graders during their first day and first week of school. It includes warm ups to get students' background knowledge activated all themed and tied together by the idea of "seconds."
The bundle includes:
1. Take a Second Look (Self Portrait)
2. The Second I Heard (Reader's Response/Story Board)
3. What Comes Second? (Number Writing, Second Number in a Series)
4. What's the Second Letter? (Vowel Sounds, Vowel Writing)
5. Second Guessing (Estimation and Timing Activities)
6. Second Thoughts on Summer (Writing Prompt, Personal Narrative: My Favorite Summer Memory )
Perfect for new and veteran 2nd Grade teachers! Your students will love their very first seconds in Grade 2!
Check back to my TPT store for more great resources, or visit my blog, A Classroom on Cloud Nine, at http://aclassroomoncloudnine.blogspot.com
Thanks and enjoy!
keywords: second grade, 2nd, grade, grade 2, first week of school, first day of school, first week, first day, new teacher, new teachers, beginning of the year, beginning of school, getting to know you, all about me, review, september, work groups, work centers, work stations, activities, hands on, no prep, literacy, writing, reading, comprehension, story board, math, number order, self portraits, self portrait, letter sounds, phonemic awareness, spelling, summer, summer writing, estimation, back to school, veteran teacher, veteran teachers, baseline assessment, assessments