Also included in
- These secret student writing activities are a fun and engaging way to help your students build their writing skills. The secret student writing prompts also promote kindness and build classroom community while celebrating the holidays and seasons all year round. Each month introduces a new activity$42.00$54.00Save $12.00
Secret Santa Writer's Workshop Unit is a classroom community building service unit and writing unit. Students will become a "Secret Santa" for another student in the class. Students will have 10 writing prompts to write letters to their Secret Santa. They will also have 4 accountability writing prompts in which they report their acts of service to their teacher. At the end of the unit, the students reveal their Secret Santa with a fun activity!
Best of all? This unit has just been REVISED to include lots of editable sections! You will type your students' names only one time, and they will auto-populate as needed throughout the unit.
There are also 6 templates to create your own writing prompts, in addition to the 14 pre-written ones!
You can get the Secret Santa writing along with ALL of the other Secret Student Writing activities for the whole year at a steep discount!
Need a non-holiday version of this activity that can still be used in December? Try the Friendly Snowman writing.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS SECRET SANTA RESOURCE?
- Teacher Information & Preparation: All the unit information and preparation is clearly laid out- so you know exactly what you need to do!
- Secret Santa Intro Lesson Plan: This lesson plan is a fun way to introduce the unit using the original Secret Santa story. The lesson shows you how to lead from the story to the students becoming a Secret Santa to another student.
- Writing Prompt Info: This page clearly lays out the two types of writing prompts: Secret Santa writing prompts and Report to Teacher Writing Prompts.
- The Big Reveal Activity Lesson Plan: This reveal activity is a huge hit! The students will have a lot of fun guessing who their Secret Santa is with this social activity.
- Original Secret Santa Story: An original Secret Santa story is included to introduce the unit. The story explains about how Santa asked another boy to include his classmate and become a Secret Santa, and how the two boys ended up becoming friends!
- EDITABLE Parent Letter: An editable parent letter has been added! It is typed into and ready to go so all you need to do is type your name and the date. You may edit the contents of the letter as well, if you'd like.
- EDITABLE Student Name Cards: Add your students' names to the student name cards so they are ready for the students to draw a name to become a Secret Santa! FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, you only need to type your students' names into the document ONE TIME, and they will auto-populate onto the Secret Santa Recording Sheets AND the Reveal Cards! No need to type them out three times. Pretty cool, right? Color and black and white included!
- EDITABLE Secret Santa Recording Sheet: This adorable recording sheet is for you, as the teacher! This helps you keep track as you deliver the letters. It is also inevitable that students will forget who they were assigned to, so it's great to have your list handy. You can type the assigned classmate's name, or print out the form and write them as the students draw names. Color and black and white included!
- Daily Secret Santa Writing Prompts #1-#10 PLUS 6 Editable Templates: These prompts are what students will use to write their letters to their assigned classmate. There are 10 prompts that students will use to write to their assigned classmate. (Example: "Tell your classmate one thing that you like about them. It can be a personality trait, a talent, or any sort of compliment. Use descriptive words!") There are 10 pre-made prompts included.
- Full-color versions are included for you to display using a SMARTBoard, Projector, etc. This makes it easy for students to see the prompts at all times. If you prefer, black and white versions to print out are also included.
- EDITABLE Secret Santa Writing Prompts: 6 editable pages for you to create your own!
- Report To Teacher Prompts #1-#4 PLUS 2 Editable Templates : The second kind of writing prompt the students will get are the "Report to Teacher" prompts. These keep the students accountable for looking after their assigned classmate as a Secret Santa. They also help you to see how the students are helping each other! (Example: "What is one kind thing you have done for your classmate this week as their Secret Santa?")
- There are four of these prompts pre-written and two editable templates for you to add your own! Full color versions for projecting or black and white for printing are both included.
- Just like the other prompts, there are display versions and handout versions included.
- Student Writing Pages- MULTIPLE VERSIONS! These writing pages will be used for all of the writing prompts. There are three levels included. Two lined with different spacing, and one with half for writing/half for illustrating. Choose the one that works best for your grade level, or use them all!
- EDITABLE Secret Santa Reveal Cards: The student's names will automatically show up on these reveal cards to reflect what was typed into the initial student name cards, so they are ready to print! Just print them and cut them, and they are ready for the final reveal activity.
- Student "Thank You" Writing Pages: After the Secret Santas are revealed, have the students write a thank you letter to the student who was their Secret Santa!
You can get this Secret Santa writing along with ALL of the other Secret Student Writing activities (such as Secret Valentine, Friendly Snowman, and Halloween Boo) for the whole year at a steep discount!
You May Also Enjoy my other Christmas Products to spread Christmas Cheer!
- Winter Holidays Around The World Research Unit
- Christmas Gumdrop Math & More for Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Christmas Gumdrop Math & More for Grades 1-2
- Christmas Gumdrop Math & More for Grades 3-5
- December ELA Sub Plans for Kindergarten
- December ELA Sub Plans for 1st and 2nd Grades
- December ELA Sub Plans for 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grades
- Write, Circle, Draw! Number worksheets 0-20, CHRISTMAS Edition
- Christmas Compound Word FUN!
- Punny Christmas Cards for Students and Team Members- ONLY $1.75!!
**BE PREPARED FOR THE INEVITABLE WINTER SICK DAYS!!**
You can check out my Ready to Go Sub Plans for grades Pre-K-6 by clicking here!
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I'll try my best to help you out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.