6 slide printable Powerpoint that provides:
- An analysis of why a plantation system develops in the Southern states
- An analysis of why slavery began to rapidly spread in the first half of the 19th Century
- An analysis of how slavery effected the Southern economy and society
- A breakdown of the brutality of life under slavery
- A summary of major attempts at slave rebellions and how these rebellions were limited by the slave-holding society
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed and emphasized that frequently appear on NY State U.S. History Regents Exams
- Numerous photographs, illustrations, & graphics to support understanding of topics such as the plantation system and the everyday lives of slaves in bondage
- Numerous maps to support understanding of geographic concepts such as the spread of slavery as the nation expands
- 1 guided and scaffolded (photographs) long answer question on the economic interdependence between the Industrialized North and the Agrarian South
***Intended for use in U.S. History classrooms in preparation for the New York State U.S. History & Government Regents Exam***
!!!!!!!!Cloze notes (Guided notes) available free upon request!!!!!!!
Contact me personally for a version of the Power point with important terms and information missing for students to fill in for increased focus and concentration. Customers can email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com and I will reply with the Cloze version attached.