Causes of the Civil War
Sectionalism: Comparing the North and South Before the Civil War
Aim: How does where we live determine how we live?
FOR GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Included in this resource:
• Title page
• Do Now Student constructed response: How is living in your town different from living in another town across the world?
• Comparing the North and South before the Civil War reading passages
• Comparing the North and South before the Civil War graphic organizer for student completion
• North vs. South comparison key - students analyze and create their own keys!
• Application/Closing/Higher Order thinking question/written response
• Answer Key for Teachers
Students will examine the geographical differences of the North and South and how they created separate ways of life. They will analyze differences in physical geography and climate and how they led to differences in their economies, population, transportation, and culture thus encouraging the belief of sectionalism among individuals during the period before the Civil War.
Adheres to Social Studies Common Core Standards - research, application, literacy, vocabulary
Differentiation: graphic organizer, cooperative (may work with a partner according to teacher's discretion for graphic organizer and key activity)
★ You can find all of my Civil War lessons and activities HERE!
★★ Looking for the pen and paper, hard-copy version of this resource? Find it here!
Sectionalism Before the Civil War ASSL
Digital, 1:1, interactive Social Studies learning!
Cover page digital paper by Ashley Hughes
Horse clip art by Kerri's Art Corner
© 2012 A Social Studies Life
For personal use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.