- The Era of Reform and Sectionalism - 11 separate lessons including a Slave Life Stations Activity, comprehensive coverage of the compromises before the Civil War, a Mini-Play about the Women's Rights Movement and much more.☆☆☆Engaging, student centered, and make for the middle school mind!☆☆☆Click o$36.35$24.95Save $11.40
- It's here! This is a full year bundle for the first half of U.S History - From Exploration through Reconstruction. This bundle is a product of 18 years of development in the classroom. I've been teaching these subjects throughout that time, and the products listed here represent that experience and$290.55$224.95Save $65.60
- Product Description
Assessing Critical Thinking in Social Studies!
This purchase includes two different versions of an assessment for the 6 lessons in my Sectionalism unit and a review worksheet for the entire unit. Those lessons are:
- Slave Life in the South Before the Civil War Stations Activity
- The Abolitionists - American Experience - Viewing Guide
- Missouri Compromise Compromise of 1850 Kansas-Nebraska Act Map Activity
- John Brown's Raid at Harper's Ferry Martyr or Murderer? Point of View
I would not purchase this review and assessment packet unless you have previously purchased some of the lessons. The assessments are specifically tailored to match the lessons. I do standards based grading, and I allow students to redo tests. Therefore, one of the tests is given as the original, and the second test is given as a “redo.”
These assessments do require the students to have some knowledge of historical skills. The skills are then referred to and reviewed on the review sheet. I’ve tried my best to meet the new standards required by NYS Standards for Social Studies.
I include a 5-point holistic rubric with each of the lesson assessments. If you would like to grade these questions in a different way, you can simply remove the rubric and add in your own points or rubric instead.
I do not include an answer key for the short answer. There is a wide variety of answers that students could provide for these questions and it’s really up to the teacher’s discretion as to whether to give credit. If you’ve taught these answers, it would not be difficult to assess student answers. There is an answer key provided for the review sheet.
This zip file includes a PDF version, a PowerPoint version, and a link to a Google Slides version for both the Review and the assessment. Both the PowerPoint and the Google Slides versions are fully EDITABLE.
Check out my other lessons from this era:
Tips for Customers:
Follow my store to be the first to know when I launch new products. Simply click the little green star next to my name, and my new products will appear on the front page of your TPT account.
Did you know you can earn TPT credit towards future purchases?
Make sure you’re logged into your account and find your "My Purchases" page. For each purchase you’ve made, make sure to leave feedback. This feedback earns you credit towards future purchases - it’s like free TPT money! Feedback is very important to me, as it helps me to create new products. If you have any questions regarding a TPT product you’ve purchased from me, simply e-mail me at email@example.com
You can find more Social Studies resources, links, and discussion at my blog - peacefieldhistory.com