Morning work? End of the day wrap-up? Crazy 10 minutes in your schedule? This resource will fit in almost any part of your day for your kids to practice.
This PowerPoint allows your students to practice the alphabet in a fun and engaging way. This resource focuses on the initial sound (beginning sounds). Want to see it in action?
Here's how it works: Check out this video
! This one spells out letters, but should give you an idea.
This resource is also included in a bundle.
See it. Write it. - The Growing Bundle
- there are THIRTY pictures included (this means you'll have 30 beginning sounds)
- the PowerPoint comes in 3 versions (automatic transitions, manual and one that stops on the spelling)
- the PowerPoint will transition through an introduction and then into a picture followed by showing the correct initial sound letter
- the picture pauses for 12 seconds to allow the students time to write on their whiteboard, writing app on a device or plain paper
- students can call out each letter/picture as it appears
- dependent upon which PPT you use, it will either proceed to the next picture or wait for you to manually click it to the next picture
- the wait time is great to allow students to notice and correct an error. It is also a great time to talk about the correct spelling and cheer for errors and correct spellings. (cheer for errors to encourage writing)
The slide will end when finished. You can leave this on your computer for them to work independently or with a partner during centers/Daily 5 time. All you have to do is teach them how to start the slideshow. This PPT cover 30 letters (vowels and consonants).
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. That's it! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺