This is a unit lesson plan that covers the entire book Seedfolks, by Paul Fleischman. The following is included in this lesson:
1) Anticipation Guide: (1 page) The purpose of this assignment is to introduce students to the topics of the novels before the read the book.
2) Character Chart: (3 pages) This is a chart that includes each of the 13 characters and has students fill in information from each character's chapter. The purpose is for students to organize information and compare characters. Students will also choose characters to write about.
3) Comprehension: (6 pages) This includes questions from the entire book, broken up into sections based on each chapter. Questions include short answer questions, graphic organizers, and fill in the blank responses.
4) CLOZE: (3 pages) There are two CLOZE worksheets included, each covering half of the book. The purpose is to help students with reading fluency while reviewing actual sentences from the book. (Listed for purchase separately)
5) Language Lessons: (4 pages) This assignment reviews parts of speech, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary using actual sentences from the book. (Listed for purchase separately)
6) Vocabulary: (1.5 pages) This includes 11 words from the book and asks students to write the sentence from the book as well as the definition.
7) Figurative Language: (1 page) This includes 10 quotes from the book and asks students to identify the figurative language in the quote.
8) Important Quotes: (1.5 pages) This includes 11 important quotes from the book, each with 1-2 questions designed to help students analyze the quotes.
I also have a test for the book which is listed separately. All worksheets in this unit plan are designed for students to write on. This is 25 pages in length and also includes a full answer key.