I am proud to post my Seeds, Soil, and Plants unit full of practical and student friendly activities! The experiments and informational reads are great for STEM schools grades 1st-3rd or anyone who enjoys teaching plants and soil with their students. This teaching packet is loaded with 75 pages of ready to use resources. I'd love for you to check out the activities below:
Science Resource Contents
1. Essential Question Cards
2. Vocabulary Cards for Science Word Wall
3. Vocabulary Color and Match
4. Plants Mystery Word (Making Words)
5. Scrambled Seeds, Soil, and Plants Sentences
6. Seeds, Soil, and Plants Pre-Test or
7. Let’s Explore Soil! (Comprehension
8. Let’s Explore Seeds! (Comprehension
9. The Life Cycle of a Plant! (Comprehension
10. Soil Scientists! (Partner Cards)
11. What is in Soil? (Soil Observations)
12. Looking for Seeds! (Identifying seeds and
13. How Do Seeds Travel? (Informational
14. From Seed to Plant KWL
15. My Seed Story Mini- Book
16. Life Cycle of a Plant Wheel
17. Parts of a Seed Graphic Organizer
18. Parts of a Plant (Informational Read)
19. Parts of a Plant (Cut and Paste Activity)
20. Life Cycle of a Plant Flip Flap Book
21. Parts of a Flower (Informational Read)
22. Label the Parts of a Flower
23. Flower in a Bottle! (Planting Seeds in
24. My Plant Journal
25. Charting the Growth of a Seed!
26. The Growth of a Seed Bar Graph
27. Wonder of Worms Booklet
28. People Need Plants (Informational Read)
29. “Me and My Garden”… Writing!
30. “Seeds, Seeds, Seeds!”… Writing!
31. “The Scoop on Soil!”… Writing!
32. “Wonderful Worms”… Writing!
33. “How do Plants Help Us?”… Writing!
34. “Digging in the Dirt Garden Snacks!
35. Seed Sets! Using Seeds for Repeated Addition/Multiplication
36. Plants and Soil Experiment Cards
I hope you enjoy teaching this unit as much as I did. You will enjoy the hands-on exploratory Science lessons, recording forms for student assessment, and center games with the plants and soil theme.
The format is similar to my top selling item here on TPT:
The Sun, The Earth, The Moon, and The Stars Science Resource Unit
Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way. Thanks so much! -Yvonne